The Student Room Group

Have you ever snitched at work?

So long story short I basically work in a card shop. I'm just a sales assistant and I told my manager about how the sales assistant manger lets his friends into the stock room and gets them to help cash up at the end of the day. He's also on his phone constantly at the till but I left that out as it just sounded petty and obviously doesn't affect my job performance.Obviously if some money went missing, his friends could easy take it or something out the stock room, I could get into serious trouble and it wouldn't look good if applying for another job. I told my manager all this and she was obviously pleased I told her, she also said she'd noticed some money had gone missing.... I just guess I feel bad, he's on his last warning so will probably be fired. Would anyone/ has anyone told on a colleague?
Thanks a lot for snitching on me...
Original post by ellai17
So long story short I basically work in a card shop. I'm just a sales assistant and I told my manager about how the sales assistant manger lets his friends into the stock room and gets them to help cash up at the end of the day. He's also on his phone constantly at the till but I left that out as it just sounded petty and obviously doesn't affect my job performance.Obviously if some money went missing, his friends could easy take it or something out the stock room, I could get into serious trouble and it wouldn't look good if applying for another job. I told my manager all this and she was obviously pleased I told her, she also said she'd noticed some money had gone missing.... I just guess I feel bad, he's on his last warning so will probably be fired. Would anyone/ has anyone told on a colleague?

Now none of your colleague will trust you and new staff will be told your a backstabber. Theres a guy at my work who everyone dislikes because hes constantly trying to f people over he snitches 24/7. If I was you'd Id make sure I treated the company guide book like the bible and live by it as other staff will be waiting for you to do something wrong so they can tell on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Snitches get stitches.
I always think this hating on "snitches" is a bit immature. If you don't want to get in trouble then don't do stuff that will cause trouble....you can't blame snitches for your own shortcomings.

When I grew up in an estate the golden rule was don't grass - no matter what someone has done, even if it's criminal, the worst thing to be was a grass. The irony is now on these estates people complain about Muslims saying the Muslim community should do more to police itself and sort out terrorists, rape gangs etc....well they should remember their own code: number one rule is don't grass.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I always think this hating on "snitches" is a bit immature. If you don't want to get in trouble then don't do stuff that will cause trouble....you can't blame snitches for your own shortcomings.

I agree. If you're being an ******* at work then you deserve to get punished for it - if someone "snitches" on you then they're really just allowing justice to be served, and hopefully stopping you from being an ******* to others.

The word "snitch" is overused IMO. It is too often used as an insult to people like

Original post by ellai17

for doing the right thing and making people pay for being *******s. If ellai17 hadn't told their manager about the problem then money would continue to be stolen, negatively effecting the company by reducing efficiency, and thus having a (very slight) negative impact on the consumers. Also, stealing money is a crime and should be disincentivised.

The term "snitch" should only really apply when the person being "snitched on" is not doing anything wrong, but are breaking rules that are unethical in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending