The Student Room Group

What are your go-to hangover cures?

So scientists think that pears are good at curing hangovers.

Personally I haven't found any good ones that are 'quick fixes' the day after, but drinking water all day before and all through the night with drink certainly helps out mine.

What are your favourite hangover remedies?
Carbs, sooo many carbs. Chips :sogood:
Fresh fruit smoothie, mocha with a caramel shot, full English breakfast.
pickle juice
Carbs, big greasy fry up, kfc, curry whatever appears first. All the food i can get my hands on, soak up the alcohol.

Also food before bed usually helps, and a pint of water, or for me juice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of sugar. usually Coca Cola or orange juice, and then a fry up
Reply 6
Fry up and Irn Bru. Never fails to cure a hangover for me. Its finding some kind soul to make me the fry up which is the hard part as they are usually hungover too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum. Drink enough of it for breakfast and I forget about my hangover.
1 x avocado
1 x banana
vanilla yoghurt
milk

Blend.

= Avocado shake :dance: Best hangover cure ever.
Last night's left over chips that you never quite finished, re-heated, and dipped in a boiled egg like soldiers. :yum: Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Reply 10
Alka Selzer XS. Never fails.
If I drank so much that my stomach is still full of alcohol I'll drink alot of water or lemon juice to dilute the acid and then throw up in the shower. Then eat a big cheese omelette and im cured.

I normally throw up as soon as I get home though on the night to get the alcohol out of my system and save my liver lol. Prevents hang overs.
(edited 8 years ago)
A very spicy bloody mary with all of the celery. If that doesn't fix it then I'll make hangover couscous with loads of spicy fried veggies and garlic.

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
1 x avocado
1 x banana
vanilla yoghurt
milk

Blend.

= Avocado shake :dance: Best hangover cure ever.

That sounds amazing. I really need to smuggle my nutribullet into the house and try all of the tasty recipes I keep stumbling across.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13

Quick Reply

Latest