The Student Room Group

Changing course on results day?

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to change courses within their uni on results day? How did you prepare and how easy/difficult was it to change? Could you not change on results day but changed once you got there?

Thanks!
Do you know which course you want to change to? Have you researched the course? Are you certain? (Before we get the what you should do underway :wink:)
Reply 2
Original post by scavi2008
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to change courses within their uni on results day? How did you prepare and how easy/difficult was it to change? Could you not change on results day but changed once you got there?

Thanks!

This is a great thread, I'll be interested in the comments to follow, v. useful.:smile:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

It's always easier to do these things when universities aren't on their busiest day of the year and you may find a more receptive ear if you contact them beforehand and discuss the possibility in advance, although it's getting pretty close now.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's always easier to do these things when universities aren't on their busiest day of the year and you may find a more receptive ear if you contact them beforehand and discuss the possibility in advance, although it's getting pretty close now.

I've already contacted the university and they've said that for now, all spaces are full on the course and that they won't know until results day if there will be vacancies. Is it worth phoning again before results day to assess my chances of getting offered a place? I'm hoping to go through adjustment.
Reply 5
Original post by Roving Fish
Do you know which course you want to change to? Have you researched the course? Are you certain? (Before we get the what you should do underway :wink:)

Haha always a good idea! :wink: I currently have a place at Durham University for Anthropology (AAA), however, after a lot of research and thought I have realised I'd much rather study Combined Social Sciences (A*AA) as it's far more flexible and suits my interests. I wasn't aware that the course even existed until recently, as it's quite unconventional, but it's definitely what I'd like to pursue.
I've already contacted the university and they've said that for now, all spaces are full on the course and that they won't know until results day if there will be vacancies. Is it worth phoning again before results day to assess my chances of getting offered a place? I'm hoping to go through adjustment.

In that case, no. They won't know anything they can tell you before they have the results in, and once they are in, by the time they have worked out who to accept and who to reject, it'll be results day itself. Do what they told you to do then. If they gave you a number to ring, then you might be lucky in avoiding the queues to the main switchboard, but it'll be a hard job getting through. Have a landline and a mobile ready, and I'd use the landline for preference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending