The Student Room Group

I am 23 and I cant grow a beard or stubble. Makes me depressed at times what to do

???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
???

Ok dude im 34 and can still pass for 25.

I cannot grow a full beard or a moustache or even stubble. I get scraggly bits on my chin and upper lip and thats it. Dont worry about it too much. In a few years you are going to be very very thankful when your still youthful looking.

Plus saves you a fortune in razors.
Reply 2
Original post by silverbolt
Ok dude im 34 and can still pass for 25.

I cannot grow a full beard or a moustache or even stubble. I get scraggly bits on my chin and upper lip and thats it. Dont worry about it too much. In a few years you are going to be very very thankful when your still youthful looking.

Plus saves you a fortune in razors.

Thanks for your reply. Made me feel a little better
Reply 3
Its just genes, not a thing wrong, some people grow, some never do.
I'm 24, not only can I not grow a beard but I still have acne too. Thankfully it mostly grows on my back but still it's a little annoying, I expected to be clear of it by the time I was 20.
Why are you depressed about it? I'm struggling to understand. What do you feel you're missing out on by not being able to grow a beard? Apart from a beard, of course.
Can anything from holland and Barrett make be grow a beard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I'm 24, not only can I not grow a beard but I still have acne too. Thankfully it mostly grows on my back but still it's a little annoying, I expected to be clear of it by the time I was 20.

Who knows, maybe it is because you are aging slower than most. Can I have some of your eternal youth?
My boyfriend is 26 and can grow stubble but not a beard. Big deal, it's not the end of the world.
Reply 9
I grew stubble when i was 14 lol trust me it isnt the greatest thing you just want it since you cant have it but when you do its just there and you got to trim it every while and eh. If your genes naturally designed you with no hair accept it bro its fine wont make the difference you perceive it to be.
Hey, let me tell you, some men suit beards and some don't. Some men look hot as hell when they are clean shaven! It seems to me as though you probably naturally suit the beardless look, so please don't get hung up on it and certainly don't feel as if you are inadequate because you're not. :smile: I don't understand this new craze where every man feels as if he has to grow a beard.
You save on razors.

I suffered with acne it started at 18 and got worse as I entered my 20s. I was on Roacctane and i am clear now. Yours sounds like you should asked to be referred.
I suffered with acne it started at 18 and got worse as I entered my 20s. I was on Roacctane and i am clear now. Yours sounds like you should asked to be referred.

That is the only option now yes, however I have a history of depression, and worry that roaccutane may set it off again. Did you suffer any depressive side effects?
Listen, I'm a girl and I am completely turned off by any facial hair. The thought of food getting caught on it just grosses me out, plus they're pretty uncomfortable if you're kissing someone- scratchy. The only thing I can tolerate is a five o'clock shadow, and out of someone who had it and another who didn't, I would totally go for the one who had a bare face. (I also prefer bare chests too)
It's nothing to be upset about**- I went to an all girls school, and I think it's a mixed bag of who likes facial hair or not. A lot of girls have no opinion on it. A LOT of girls would also prefer a better personality over better looks- it's looks that draw you in, but personality (inc confidence) keeps you hooked.
TL;DR
Facial hair isn't the be all and end all.

**If you've felt depressed for more than two weeks or are clinically depressed/on meds, please please see a doctor.
That is the only option now yes, however I have a history of depression, and worry that roaccutane may set it off again. Did you suffer any depressive side effects?

I was depressed for a long time and still am but the acne made it worse. I lied and said I was fine to get the medication as I was desperate for it. Stupid of me but it all worked out in the end. I recommend having the drug as its the only thing that worked for me but let them now you are depressed and maybe you can be monitored or given Antidepressants maybe.
The 6 months i was on them was tough. Did make me feel worse and side effects can be nasty
I was depressed for a long time and still am but the acne made it worse. I lied and said I was fine to get the medication as I was desperate for it. Stupid of me but it all worked out in the end. I recommend having the drug as its the only thing that worked for me but let them now you are depressed and maybe you can be monitored or given Antidepressants maybe.
The 6 months i was on them was tough. Did make me feel worse and side effects can be nasty

Thanks for being so honest. I'm not going to bother, like I said they're only really on my back and although there are loads of them it's not like I spend all that much time topless, I'd rather be acne-ridden than depressed really.
Original post by The_Blade
Can anything from holland and Barrett make be grow a beard

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard rosemary essential oil is meant to help hair grow and even those suffering from alopecia (a form of balding) - no harm in trying it on the face as it's a natural oil. But if you do try it, it must be mixed with a carrier oil e.g olive oil to dilute it as it is too concentrated to be directly applied of the skin.
Original post by Faith.A
I heard rosemary essential oil is meant to help hair grow and even those suffering from alopecia (a form of balding) - no harm in trying it on the face as it's a natural oil. But if you do try it, it must be mixed with a carrier oil e.g olive oil to dilute it as it is too concentrated to be directly applied of the skin.

how did your experience go with this product?
Original post by The_Blade
how did your experience go with this product?

I've never actually used it but I will buy it soon cos I want to grow my hair longer but I've seen loads of testimonials online with their results either growing faster or really helping with their balding/ bald spots. Just check it out online on how rosemary is great for hair growth :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest