The Student Room Group

best friend/boyfriend trouble :(

I'll start from the top, I'm female and when I went to uni my best mate stayed at home but she has free phone calls so she rings me everyday.

Over Oct/Nov she came to see me every week and got to know my neighbour and had a relationship but they didn't really announce it to anyone (apart from me) I know they didn't sleep together. At the end of Nov she just decided she didn't want to see him anymore so she's stopped seeing me at uni as well. I don't know why she just backed out as she seemed really happy, perhaps she felt guilty as her nan was a bit ill when she was visiting one weekend.

She also slowed down on calling me and I'm **** at keeping contact cos I know she always calls me but I think it was a test to see if I would notice and after a while of not talking much I sent her an email saying I missed her etc.

She was driving past my uni 2 weekends ago so we arranged to have a cuppa in the nearest service station. I've seen a lot of my neighbour since my friend stopped seeing him, we spend pretty much every day together and have got to know and like eachother really well. 5 days before I met my friend at the station, I kissed him and we decided to continue the relationship. I didn't tell my friend straight away when we kissed (which is what she said she would've appreciated) but wanted to see her face to face. I told her at the station and she was absolutely ecstatic! She was a real best friend, so happy I'd found someone I get on with really well and that I'm happy. She said she didn't want to be with him anyway. This is not what I expected her to say.

2 days after I told her she rang me up and said it had made her sick thinking about us and that it was so strange for her (which is how I expected her to react to be honest) she also brought up the fact I haven't been in contact with her much and she said she needs space to think about it and doesn't want me to contact her at all. She promised me she would contact me soon as she wouldn't let a guy come between 7 years friendship.

After she stopped calling, I left her ****loads of myspace comments to keep in contact and she said she liked reading them. Turns out she's deleted all the messages I left her on myspace, and all the photos and anything relating to me. I'm not even worthy of being a 'top 20' friend any more. I sent her a letter after I saw this saying I know she said not to contact but the longer it's left, the harder it'll be and that I'm sorry for being **** at keeping in contact etc. I got an email saying thanks for the letter but she still needs space.

We're going on holiday together in 2 weeks. I want to make things right but she apparently doesn't. How the hell are we gonna be able to spend a week in eachother's company if she doesn't even want to talk to me?

It's been about 3 weeks, I'm still with him, does anyone else think I am wrong? She was only with him for at most a month and that was 3 months ago and she was the one who didn't want to see him! I can't help what I'm feeling at the moment, I really do like him. I told him she was fine with it after I saw her at the station and he was happy. But I didn't tell him about anything since so he thinks we're still friends. I really think I need to tell him now though as it's more serious than I thought and he'll notice I'm not talking to her.

Does anyone have any advice? It seems she's being a bit childish on myspace and she may regret that later, but do I need to try and keep contact or should I let her talk to me? What if things aren't right for holiday, should I act normal so it's a good holiday for everyone else..? Very confused as to why she was so happy for me at first as well....HELP :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending