The Student Room Group

How much time a relationship survive without sex?

I think relationship is a alternative name of sex so thinking a year is sufficient to break a hard core relationship.

what are your opinion on this ?

How much time your relationship can handle it before collapse ?
Reply 1
I wouldn't say a relationship is an alternative name to sex, sex is purely a part of it.

It all depends on the individuals involved- a year is a long time, however if there was a reason for this such as distance, I would be happy to wait if i was with the right person.
Totally depends on the person...probably anything between two weeks and two years (I know a couple who were against sex before marriage so waited 18-months, slightly different situation though.)

If I was with someone a lot and we went without having sex for more than a month I'd begin to feel neglected - if it was long distance or some other good reason, I'd be willing to wait upwards of six months.
Everyone is different. If you have a high sex-drive you should be with someone who compliments that otherwise you're going to feel rejected and they're going to feel pestered and pressured. Alternatively, an asexual couple may never need to have sex and that's okay for them.

I'm happy to compromise with someone who wants to compromise with me and not make me feel guilty for wanting it more or less than they do.
Original post by vg21
I wouldn't say a relationship is an alternative name to sex, sex is purely a part of it.

It all depends on the individuals involved- a year is a long time, however if there was a reason for this such as distance, I would be happy to wait if i was with the right person.

relationship= friendship(best friendship) + sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending