The Student Room Group

I met a girl who I really like but I might not see her again for months

The other day I had a work induction day kind of thing and I met a girl who was there to do the induction as well. I'm in year 12 and she's in year 13. We both got there early so I was speaking to her for a while. After the induction we both had to wait for parents to pick us up so I was talking to her for about 40 minutes.
It didn't take me long to realise that she has a very similar personality to me, I get on really well with her and I like her a lot! I've never really had a proper girlfriend ( only those year 7/8 relationships ), usually I only decide that I like a girl after knowing them for a few months but I knew I had feelings for her really early on.

She seemed to like me, she was interested and never looked bored. She always maintained eye contact when we talked and I felt like she really enjoyed talking to me.

I want to become good friends with her and then eventually ask her out but the problem is that we go to different sixth forms and we'll be working on different days so it could be months before I next see her again. I don't know what to do! I've found her on facebook (I haven't added her yet) so facebook is my only option for getting to know her. I really don't know what to do though because I need to speak to her sooner rather than later otherwise I'll lose the opportunity.

I can't ask her out because I guess she wouldn't know what to say as she barely knows me. Maybe I should ask her if she wants to meet up (as friends) or something but that might be a bit of an odd thing to ask. I could be honest with her and ask her out for dinner so we can get to know each other?

What should I do?

Thanks for any advice :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Is it possible to ask to work on the same days?
Original post by shawn_o1
Is it possible to ask to work on the same days?

Not for the first 2/3 weeks but after that I guess I could
Did you exchange numbers? Or is that not necessary because you have Facebook?
Original post by shawn_o1
Did you exchange numbers? Or is that not necessary because you have Facebook?

No I haven't got her number but i dont need it really because she's got facebook
Do you even know if she has a bf? Otherwise, if you are not going to be able to see her for months, take your chance now-ask her if she wants to meet for drinks? That way, she may outright say no to dating or if she says yes...you have a chance!
Original post by Alphascout1
Do you even know if she has a bf? Otherwise, if you are not going to be able to see her for months, take your chance now-ask her if she wants to meet for drinks? That way, she may outright say no to dating or if she says yes...you have a chance!

I don't think she does but I see what you mean and also I'm not old enough to go out drinking and she's not 18 yet either
thanks for the reply
just add her -- its a friend request, youre asking to marry her and jump her bones. this will allow you to message her when you want to, and you already have a great starting point for convo, you have the same job!! then the 2-3 weeks will fly by, and you can ask early on what hours she's working, and then meet up around that.ask to meet sooner rather than later, as if you do it soon, its just you two haning out again, if you leave it a couple weeks, she'll know your trying to get together.
Original post by BerniHurton
just add her -- its a friend request, youre asking to marry her and jump her bones. this will allow you to message her when you want to, and you already have a great starting point for convo, you have the same job!! then the 2-3 weeks will fly by, and you can ask early on what hours she's working, and then meet up around that.ask to meet sooner rather than later, as if you do it soon, its just you two haning out again, if you leave it a couple weeks, she'll know your trying to get together.

Ok I sent her a friend request and she accepted it
Original post by FishAndChips123
The other day I had a work induction day kind of thing and I met a girl who was there to do the induction as well. I'm in year 12 and she's in year 13. We both got there early so I was speaking to her for a while. After the induction we both had to wait for parents to pick us up so I was talking to her for about 40 minutes.
It didn't take me long to realise that she has a very similar personality to me, I get on really well with her and I like her a lot! I've never really had a proper girlfriend ( only those year 7/8 relationships ), usually I only decide that I like a girl after knowing them for a few months but I knew I had feelings for her really early on.

She seemed to like me, she was interested and never looked bored. She always maintained eye contact when we talked and I felt like she really enjoyed talking to me.

I want to become good friends with her and then eventually ask her out but the problem is that we go to different sixth forms and we'll be working on different days so it could be months before I next see her again. I don't know what to do! I've found her on facebook (I haven't added her yet) so facebook is my only option for getting to know her. I really don't know what to do though because I need to speak to her sooner rather than later otherwise I'll lose the opportunity.

I can't ask her out because I guess she wouldn't know what to say as she barely knows me. Maybe I should ask her if she wants to meet up (as friends) or something but that might be a bit of an odd thing to ask. I could be honest with her and ask her out for dinner so we can get to know each other?

What should I do?

Thanks for any advice :smile:

Add her and ask her on a date!
add her on fb and c hw it goes
Original post by kate 2000
add her on fb and c hw it goes

I've added her on facebook and she accepted, do you you think I should I ask her out for a meal?
do you have her number ?
ohh I think you should add her on Facebook and get to know her better. she might ask you before you do .
hey everyone so I meat a guy and I really like him so I want him to meet may dad so I took him home so when my dad sees him he freaked out and the guy as well so me and my mum was just looking at each other so we don't know what`s going on so when the guy left my dad told us he's my brother . I don't know what to do
Original post by kate 2000
hey everyone so I meat a guy and I really like him so I want him to meet may dad so I took him home so when my dad sees him he freaked out and the guy as well so me and my mum was just looking at each other so we don't know what`s going on so when the guy left my dad told us he's my brother . I don't know what to do

Too good to be true.
Ok I sent her a friend request and she accepted it

Good!! Now you can message her
Good!! Now you can message her

Later today I'll ask her out for dinner, I'll tell you how I get on :smile:
Later today I'll ask her out for dinner, I'll tell you how I get on :smile:

Good luck!!!!
Good luck!!!!