The Student Room Group

Headcahes using the computer

My job includes being on a computer like 24/7. Just lately I have been getting these awful tension-like headaches on the left of my head, seems to be when I use the computer after a few hours.

They did prescribe me years ago (when I was like 13-14) with the lowest prescription glasses. However I haven't been back to the opticians in years (I'm now 18). My thinking its something to do with that, but it's really bugging me! However I don't think my visions that bad.
Get an eye test. Are you taking regular breaks too?
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Get an eye test. Are you taking regular breaks too?

I do try to! Its a bit hard at work. My eyes just seem really tired lately aswell, but I don't feel tired.
Original post by Anonymous
I do try to! Its a bit hard at work. My eyes just seem really tired lately aswell, but I don't feel tired.

beg
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My job includes being on a computer like 24/7. Just lately I have been getting these awful tension-like headaches on the left of my head, seems to be when I use the computer after a few hours.

They did prescribe me years ago (when I was like 13-14) with the lowest prescription glasses. However I haven't been back to the opticians in years (I'm now 18). My thinking its something to do with that, but it's really bugging me! However I don't think my visions that bad.

If you're using a screen for work then you'll be eligible for free eye tests, contact your HR department to request it.

If as a result of the eye test the optician recommends frequent breaks from looking at the screen (they will) then your work must accommodate this. Again; speak to your HR department.
When I was working at Royal Mail, we had to take breaks every hour for 10 minutes.
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
If you're using a screen for work then you'll be eligible for free eye tests, contact your HR department to request it.

If as a result of the eye test the optician recommends frequent breaks from looking at the screen (they will) then your work must accommodate this. Again; speak to your HR department.

Cheers! I better go for an eye test. Considering I was suppose to have yearly tests anyway.
Reply 7
You should get an eye test and consider computer/Office type lenses, even if your RX is low.

Quick Reply

Latest