The Student Room Group

Feelings after one night stand.....

I had a one night stand with a girl, who I didn't know at all. She wasn't very nice and told me after I "did my business" to leave instantly and that she didn't care about anything I did or said, which I wouldn't mind if it was just sex but for some reason I have started developing feelings for her but I know she wouldn't want to see me again especially not sober (only tipsy, there was consent). Feeling pretty poor about the whole thing, mainly the immorality of it and the fact it was my first one night stand, also the fact I know she doesn't care at all about me. I also think I might have got her pregnant/ she might've gave me an STI. My flatmates and friends are calling me a "lad" but I fell like an idiot and that I've been used for sex, debating contacting her but not sure that's a great idea.
Yep, you've been used for sex and it looks like she doesn't want to hear from you. Such is life.

Don't do it again, especially if you develop feelings for someone who clearly doesn't reciprocate - and if she's like this with you now, it's only going to get worse if you pester her - but stick to relationship sex.

If you get any symptoms of something that isn't guilt / shame, see a sexual health clinic. If you want to go without symptoms, wait a week or two first - tests for most things will be valid by then.
Original post by Anonymous
I had a one night stand with a girl, who I didn't know at all. She wasn't very nice and told me after I "did my business" to leave instantly and that she didn't care about anything I did or said, which I wouldn't mind if it was just sex but for some reason I have started developing feelings for her but I know she wouldn't want to see me again especially not sober (only tipsy, there was consent). Feeling pretty poor about the whole thing, mainly the immorality of it and the fact it was my first one night stand, also the fact I know she doesn't care at all about me. I also think I might have got her pregnant/ she might've gave me an STI. My flatmates and friends are calling me a "lad" but I fell like an idiot and that I've been used for sex, debating contacting her but not sure that's a great idea.

Was there are reason she shooed you out the door- other than because she 'just wanted to'?
Maybe she had a partner??

Maybe it was some sort of shame/guilt on her part. Perhaps her rejecting you after the act was her putting up a barrier of self-protection.

Anyways- chalk it down to experience. Get tested, and move on.
Original post by royal1990
chalk it down to experience. Get tested, and move on.

+1 What they said

Quick Reply

Latest