The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like girls who smoke?

Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)

It's disgusting.
Reply 2
Original post by loveleest
It's disgusting.

I get what your saying, people who smoke tons get yellow teeth and bad breath etc.

But the odd cig is not harmful, in fact lots of celebrities do it. Even ones like Scarlett Johansson. It wont "age" u

Lol yes I would MUCH rather date a smoker now......

maybe it's seen as a rebellious thing, so they might think the girl is hard work
Well I know some edgy af dudes who don't really mind, but that's because they light up occassionally too.

Most non-smokers just don't like the smell.
Smoking is vile, it smells, it makes you unfit, it makes you smell.

Main reason I wouldn't date a girl who smokes because of what it says about her lifestyle
I get what your saying, people who smoke tons get yellow teeth and bad breath etc.

But the odd cig is not harmful, in fact lots of celebrities do it. Even ones like Scarlett Johansson. It wont "age" u

You pretty just answered your own question, like I said it is disgusting.
Yes, but it is addictive and hard to stop.
smoking makes ya breath smelly, why oh why would you date a smoker :eek:

but to be honest, there's more to a girl than something that is just a bad habit (which can also have some fatal consequences should you not try to quit or something), so there's that.
Shriveled ovaries.
I can't stand the smell.

When you've lived with smoking guardians like I have who've filled the room with smoke, you tend to not to want to have that again.
Original post by Use Err Name
Well I know some edgy af dudes who don't really mind, but that's because they light up occassionally too.

Most non-smokers just don't like the smell.

Me.

Tbf, I don't much like the smell either when it's fresh, but you learn to tolerate it for the occasional smoke. I don't think I'd be put off by a girl that smokes as occasionally as I do or less, and it might even make her more endearing to me; the main thing would be how well she deals with the smell, and how healthy she is outside of the smoking.
Most guys prefer thin girls :rofl: I am stick thin with no boobs and guys still prefer me to curvier girls TRUTH

Sorry but if you are reliant on an unhealthy habit to stay in a 'healthy' shape, you're really not healthy at all.

I think most non smokers would take a bit more size on a girl if it meant she didn't smoke.
Original post by Hashim123
Me.

Tbf, I don't much like the smell either when it's fresh, but you learn to tolerate it for the occasional smoke. I don't think I'd be put off by a girl that smokes as occasionally as I do or less, and it might even make her more endearing to me; the main thing would be how well she deals with the smell, and how healthy she is outside of the smoking.

Me too haha. Only like really occassionally during or after a night out.
Sorry but if you are reliant on an unhealthy habit to stay in a 'healthy' shape, you're really not healthy at all.

I think most non smokers would take a bit more size on a girl if it meant she didn't smoke.

Actually I play hockey too. I am slimmer than all the other hockey girls and they are jealous of me for smoking :rofl:
Me too haha. Only like really occassionally during or after a night out.

I smoke a few a week on a regular basis; usually about 4, and a maximum of 7. Either way, the effects are negligible, and the payoff - for now, at least - is worth it.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Smoking is vile, it smells, it makes you unfit, it makes you smell.

Main reason I wouldn't date a girl who smokes because of what it says about her lifestyle

It doesn't make you unfit, I don't smoke that much but it just seems to make me have worse colds and maybe dark circles other than that I look great and I play hockey for the team :biggrin:

What does it say about my lifestyle :facepalm:
It's unattractive and smelly. Nobody wants a smelly girlfriend.
Actually I play hockey too. I am slimmer than all the other hockey girls and they are jealous of me for smoking :rofl:

I really doubt the reason you are skinnier is because you smoke - you probably just eat less/have a higher metabolism. And being skinnier doesn't necessarily mean you are more attractive. There's like a point of diminishing returns, where most guys would find a bit of muscle or curve more attractive than just being skinny.
Well maybe its because I have a very pretty face/cute bob hair/do my makeup well but I get tons of attention :yep:

I have a figure like this girl

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0a/0e/1d/0a0e1dde5d1ddbdeeb91cf23039b319f.jpg

yeah, probably.
Not that the girls figure is bad or anything, just thought guys prefer curvier girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending