The Student Room Group

is it weird to join societies halfway through the year?

so my flat mates are nice but we don't have much in common. I go to one society and know a few people nearby from it but I only really see them on the night of that society meeting and I think they are still a bit weary of me because I am quite shy and quiet. So...I don't want to feel like this so I want to do more, but I'm worried I'll just turn up places and everyone will already know each other. There's another society I want to join but I think everyone there is already quite pally so I'm nervous to go.

Also: did you manage to make friends 2+ months after getting to uni?
Original post by stoodentroumsux
so my flat mates are nice but we don't have much in common. I go to one society and know a few people nearby from it but I only really see them on the night of that society meeting and I think they are still a bit weary of me because I am quite shy and quiet. So...I don't want to feel like this so I want to do more, but I'm worried I'll just turn up places and everyone will already know each other. There's another society I want to join but I think everyone there is already quite pally so I'm nervous to go.

Also: did you manage to make friends 2+ months after getting to uni?

I don't think that's weird at all:smile: I managed to make new friends in my second year so 2 months wont be a problem:smile:
no I joined the ski and snowboard halfway through then went away with them and made many friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending