The Student Room Group

Choice time struggles

I've got all 5 offers back from Sheffield Hallam (BBC), Canterbury (BBC), Manchester Met (BBC), Plymouth (BCC) and Brighton (BCC). I really like all of the unis, and they all have good courses, either good financial support or lower cost of living, and would cost a similar amount to get home and to a clinic I am at, and will be during university.
I'm having a really hard time deciding where to go (I'm sudying sociology at all of them apart from Brighton, where I'm doing social science) - is anyone able to help me out with experience at any of the unis/have been in a similar position?
Lots of TSR advice about making Firm and Insurance choices here :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

Most important points are ....
1) Course content/interest is more important than the brand name of the University.
2) No need to panic - you have *months* to make this decision, and no-one is going to take those offers away so don't rush into a decision.
Reply 2
Original post by AlteredBoy
I've got all 5 offers back from Sheffield Hallam (BBC), Canterbury (BBC), Manchester Met (BBC), Plymouth (BCC) and Brighton (BCC). I really like all of the unis, and they all have good courses, either good financial support or lower cost of living, and would cost a similar amount to get home and to a clinic I am at, and will be during university.
I'm having a really hard time deciding where to go (I'm sudying sociology at all of them apart from Brighton, where I'm doing social science) - is anyone able to help me out with experience at any of the unis/have been in a similar position?

Can you visit (or revisit) the unis for applicant days? These are generally more course-specific than pre-application open days, so would give you a chance to get a better feel for the department where you'd be studying, meet the lecturers, get a(nother) look at the facilites, etc. That might help sway your decision one way or the other.
Maybe look at comparing the accomodation available at each and compare the modules at each university to see which match your particular interests more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending