The Student Room Group

Can I make something of it?

For the last few months I have been going out with this girl I met at work and just as I think we were about to go from dating to something more serious I got an opportunity to transfer 2 hours away for 6 months which I took. We went out a couple of times between me telling her and me leaving and everything was great but at the work Xmas party just before I left she completely ignored me and left without saying a word.

Since I've moved she's been really unresponsive to texts however she said she missed me and we arranged to go out when I was home for Christmas and had a great time and were back to texting loads and she said she wanted to come and visit me and asked if she'd see me next time I was back. She apologised for being so distant before I left and for how she's been with texting. The moment I went back to work she stopped texting me apart from to wish me a happy new year. A mutual friend of ours spent NY at mine (nothing between us at all and she knows it) and she was really off with her afterwards.

I really like her and want to make something of it but I have no idea what to do or why she's being like this. Any thoughts? :/
Original post by Anonymous
For the last few months I have been going out with this girl I met at work and just as I think we were about to go from dating to something more serious I got an opportunity to transfer 2 hours away for 6 months which I took. We went out a couple of times between me telling her and me leaving and everything was great but at the work Xmas party just before I left she completely ignored me and left without saying a word.

Since I've moved she's been really unresponsive to texts however she said she missed me and we arranged to go out when I was home for Christmas and had a great time and were back to texting loads and she said she wanted to come and visit me and asked if she'd see me next time I was back. She apologised for being so distant before I left and for how she's been with texting. The moment I went back to work she stopped texting me apart from to wish me a happy new year. A mutual friend of ours spent NY at mine (nothing between us at all and she knows it) and she was really off with her afterwards.

I really like her and want to make something of it but I have no idea what to do or why she's being like this. Any thoughts? :/

Hi there,

By the sounds of it, there are problems with communication. She blatantly likes you, that's why she ignores you at crucial points (like the xmas party and when you have another girl round for new year). She knows it upsets you when she is distant, which is why she is doing it, she wants to get your attention for some reason. Try and switch it round, if it was her moving away how would you feel? Would you try to make it work or would you try to distract yourself until she was back? It might be worthwhile to facetime/phone/send a long fb message to her to ask what is REALLY going on. Does she know how you feel about her? Do you know how she feels about you? Don't give up yet, if you are still thinking about her even when she is being this way, then it definitely has potential to be something special. Best of luck! Feel free to private message back if you need further insight :smile: xxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending