The Student Room Group

Sitting MORE A-Levels - Later in life...

So when I took my A-Levels, 5 years ago, I had no clue what I wanted to do when I was older. This in mind, I decided to choose mainly art based subjects, completely irrelevant to Science.

Time has flown by and due to life experiences and jobs over the past few years, it's clear to me that I want to pursue a specific pathway in Science. Anyway, my A-levels results were poor 5 years ago (A,D,E) and i'm now considering taking more A-Levels, via distance learning.

I'm definitely going to be taking Biology and Chemistry but i'm wondering, do I need a 3rd? I'm not sure if i'll be able to combine these two's results with my previous A-Levels or if i'll need to take a minimum of 3, to get into university in 2 years?

Any guidance, insight or advice relating to this would be extremely useful. I know where I want to be (Biochem) but it's just about reaching it! .

Cheers!
(edited 8 years ago)
I've moved this to the university section, as it's about universities accepting your a levels, hopefully you'll get responses here. :smile:
Original post by D.Hughess
So when I took my A-Levels, 5 years ago, I had no clue what I wanted to do when I was older. This in mind, I decided to choose mainly art based subjects, completely irrelevant to Science.

Time has flown by and due to life experiences and jobs over the past few years, it's clear to me that I want to pursue a specific pathway in Science. Anyway, my A-levels results were poor 5 years ago (A,D,E) and i'm now considering taking more A-Levels, via distance learning.

I'm definitely going to be taking Biology and Chemistry but i'm wondering, do I need a 3rd? I'm not sure if i'll be able to combine these two's results with my previous A-Levels or if i'll need to take a minimum of 3, to get into university in 2 years?

Any guidance, insight or advice relating to this would be extremely useful. I know where I want to be (Biochem) but it's just about reaching it! .

Cheers!

I would recommend A level Maths as your third A level.
Original post by D.Hughess

Cheers!

You may find that universities will regard A levels which are 5 years old now (and presumably will be a couple of years older than that by the time you finish the new ones) too far in the past to be considered, so you will probably need to do three from scratch, but the best thing is to contact a couple of universities and ask them what their view is. You might be better off doing an access course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending