The Student Room Group

Coming off a crush?

up until recently, i used to have this huge crush on someone, it lasted for about a month but now im not crushing on them anymore because i kind of realised taht over the past few days, some things about them arent what i idealised them to be and they didnt really have the qualities that i wanted my future significant other to have

and its a weird feeling, i mean im kind of sad, but not really down, i feel kind empty a bit now, cos all my attention that used to go to them now has nowhere to go :frown:
so im just sitting here bewildered tbh, i think im going to bury myself in a maths textbook, c4 differentiation suddenly looks appealing...

what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Coming off a crush feels pretty weird - I recently just got over a one that lasted four years! (Honestly, I should have done something about that earlier on because that length of time to be pining is just ridiculous, haha) But basically don't worry too much about it ^-^

It may feel very different and take a little getting used to but it's nothing compared to a real relationship, and in not-too-long you'll have pretty much forgotten all about it! (: Orrrr you'll laugh about it with your friends but either way, you're gonna be glad that attention is able to go to friends and/or school work. d:

(Also, C4 differentiation? Does that mean you're doing A-levels? o: )
Reply 2
bump :colondollar:
at least you don't like someone ....
having a crush and then seeing them walking around with a girl at school
now that ****ing hurts
Reply 5
Original post by whydocowsfall
Coming off a crush feels pretty weird - I recently just got over a one that lasted four years! (Honestly, I should have done something about that earlier on because that length of time to be pining is just ridiculous, haha) But basically don't worry too much about it ^-^

It may feel very different and take a little getting used to but it's nothing compared to a real relationship, and in not-too-long you'll have pretty much forgotten all about it! (: Orrrr you'll laugh about it with your friends but either way, you're gonna be glad that attention is able to go to friends and/or school work. d:

(Also, C4 differentiation? Does that mean you're doing A-levels? o: )

4 years?? wow. thanks for sharing that. I'll try not to and as you said, hopefully it just fades away, and the feelings dont come back

it really does lol, i didn't really know what do to so I just made this thread... but it's really weird still.... hopefully i wont have to experience a breakup but then again we all hope that and we usually do lol, but anyway thanks for your post :smile:

(Yeah :smile: )
Reply 6

I saw your post :tongue: ...before you edited it that is
i was just replying to someone else.

yeah as i said in the OP, just things they did that I wouldn't have expected, the things they did weren't directed at me and i wasnt hurt by what they did in anyway shape or form (or anyone else for that matter) and we're still close and friends/ but i kind of realised that we're not meant to be lol, if that makes sense to you?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
at least you don't like someone ....
having a crush and then seeing them walking around with a girl at school
now that ****ing hurts

:frown: im sorry to hear that, i can only offer kind words and hopefully it all works out for you
4 years?? wow. thanks for sharing that. I'll try not to and as you said, hopefully it just fades away, and the feelings dont come back

it really does lol, i didn't really know what do to so I just made this thread... but it's really weird still.... hopefully i wont have to experience a breakup but then again we all hope that and we usually do lol, but anyway thanks for your post :smile:

(Yeah :smile: )

Yeah, I'm sure they will! ^-^ Straight after it feels so wrong, and I don't know about you but I tend to find myself trying to latch onto someone else so those feelings have somewhere to go, but whatever happens remember that your feelings are valid! (: I've heard that sometimes one of the easiest ways to dismiss thoughts and feelings is to accept them. Hope everything goes well! ^-^

(And oh, me too! Are you applying to university this year? ^-^)
Reply 9
Yeah, I'm sure they will! ^-^ Straight after it feels so wrong, and I don't know about you but I tend to find myself trying to latch onto someone else so those feelings have somewhere to go, but whatever happens remember that your feelings are valid! (: I've heard that sometimes one of the easiest ways to dismiss thoughts and feelings is to accept them. Hope everything goes well! ^-^

(And oh, me too! Are you applying to university this year? ^-^)

It feels so wrong yes!!! but im consoled by the fact that its for the best :redface:
That seems like a good idea, i might try that, thank you :smile:

I get what you mean, and i think im in the process of accepting them... just weird haha. thanks again for everything :smile:

(sweet ^__^ , yep :yep:)
It feels so wrong yes!!! but im consoled by the fact that its for the best :redface:
That seems like a good idea, i might try that, thank you :smile:

I get what you mean, and i think im in the process of accepting them... just weird haha. thanks again for everything :smile:

(sweet ^__^ , yep :yep:)

Well, good luck with it all! (: And good luck with uni applications too! ^-^
Well, good luck with it all! (: And good luck with uni applications too! ^-^

Thank you, i wish you all the best as well :smile:
Crushes are weird. Whenever I like someone I usually convince myself it's never going to work out and once I accept that then I can completely lose any feelings for them "in that way". It's a bit weird at first but crushes come and go
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Crushes are weird. Whenever I like someone I usually convince myself it's never going to work out and once I accept that then I can completely lose any feelings for them "in that way". It's a bit weird at first but crushes come and go

I had myself convinced it was though :rofl:
I used to have plans as well... theyll still remain, i mean we're still friends, but i guess they wont end in a romantic kiss infront of the eiffel tower anymore or holding hands while walking through a park on a sunny day :colondollar:

that was my first actual crush, never felt that way for someone before
I had myself convinced it was though :rofl:
I used to have plans as well... theyll still remain, i mean we're still friends, but i guess they wont end in a romantic kiss infront of the eiffel tower anymore or holding hands while walking through a park on a sunny day :colondollar:

that was my first actual crush, never felt that way for someone before

First crushes are always the toughest :hugs:And besides you'll find someone who's better suited for you anyways :biggrin:
Don't be sad OP. There is someone special out there waiting for you :-).
Original post by TheGreatImposter
First crushes are always the toughest :hugs:And besides you'll find someone who's better suited for you anyways :biggrin:

thank you :smile: and yes i will!
:hugs:
dont listen to any sad song
it will break you
Original post by AthiaKarim
Don't be sad OP. There is someone special out there waiting for you :-).

I'm feeling a bit better now tbh :redface:
and thank you for your post :smile:
Original post by Ishea16
dont listen to any sad song
it will break you

too late for that!!!!
i guess i just like basking in the feeling, i dont like running away from them tbh, because you miss a chance to discover more about yourself imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending