The Student Room Group

Applying through Extra to a different course?

What's everyone's experience with this? Is it awkward?

I'm looking to change course since I've had no luck with the course I actually wanted to do, a bit scared to ring admissions to uni in case they say no because it wasn't the course I actually applied for, but I was torn between the two.

I applied for radiography and want to change to Operating Department Practice instead,I was torn between the two and my only luck so far has been with my last choice which when I visited I really realized I do not want to go to that university at all.

Does anybody have any advice? :eek:
Original post by harinimnida
What's everyone's experience with this? Is it awkward?

I'm looking to change course since I've had no luck with the course I actually wanted to do, a bit scared to ring admissions to uni in case they say no because it wasn't the course I actually applied for, but I was torn between the two.

I applied for radiography and want to change to Operating Department Practice instead,I was torn between the two and my only luck so far has been with my last choice which when I visited I really realized I do not want to go to that university at all.

Does anybody have any advice? :eek:

The worst they can say is no.

You've got nothing to lose by ringing up.

I'd suggest putting together a quick PS for ODP (and some bullet points for things you want to get across in your PS in case you're asked on the phone) which you can offer to send to them directly. If you explain the situation and that you weren't sure when applying which route to go for and now realise you made a mistake not applying for ODP initially then you might get a good response....it's very difficult to know though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending