The Student Room Group

Hong Kong universities

Hi guys, probably I will be a one-year student exchange at Hong Kong. What do you suggest me: take a shared room with a local student or with an exchange student?
Original post by scambret
Hi guys, probably I will be a one-year student exchange at Hong Kong. What do you suggest me: take a shared room with a local student or with an exchange student?

I think rooming with an exchange student would be a better experience. Both of you can travel to different places and share your experiences. On the other hand, rooming with a local student would allow you greater exposure to the local culture, but that totally depends on the person who you would be rooming with.
Original post by zero_gravity
I think rooming with an exchange student would be a better experience. Both of you can travel to different places and share your experiences. On the other hand, rooming with a local student would allow you greater exposure to the local culture, but that totally depends on the person who you would be rooming with.

Adding onto this - some HK unis will run events for exchange students to experience local things like family dinners during major festivals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending