The Student Room Group

Studying a year abroad in Hong Kong

Hello

I have just been accepted to study a year abroad at Hong Kong University from the Uni of Nottingham for 2021/2022

I have some time to choose my accommodation but was wondering if anyone would recommend certain halls to stay in. I'm an outgoing person so would like to stay with people like myself and ideally in a single room (I think the residential colleges are good but not sure!)

I feel quite nervous about what to expect! Is there much of a nightlife/party scene? I know it's heavily study-focused but the rules of the halls are a bit off-putting. Any other tips/recommendations are appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

I have just been accepted to study a year abroad at Hong Kong University from the Uni of Nottingham for 2021/2022

I have some time to choose my accommodation but was wondering if anyone would recommend certain halls to stay in. I'm an outgoing person so would like to stay with people like myself and ideally in a single room (I think the residential colleges are good but not sure!)

I feel quite nervous about what to expect! Is there much of a nightlife/party scene? I know it's heavily study-focused but the rules of the halls are a bit off-putting. Any other tips/recommendations are appreciated!

Hi, I’m currently deciding whether to do a year abroad in Hong Kong myself- would you be able to give me some insight into how it went please as it would be extremely useful in deciding a whole year of my life!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello
Hi, I am deciding to whether to do the same thing too! I'll appreciate any insights :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello
Hi, I am deciding to whether to do the same thing too! I'll appreciate any insights

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending