The Student Room Group

Why do I feel this way?

So I need a little advice... Basically there's this guy who I used to have feelings for. He led me on real bad and made me believe we could possibly have something. It was quite hard getting over him, plus what made it worse is that a lot of people knew about it and kept talking about it. But that was last year. I've since gotten over him, moved on and dated other guys- so I've obviously had feelings for other people. I'm currently dating now and fancy someone else. However I can't seem to shake off this feeling of jealousy, dare I say it, whenever I see him talking to other girls. After our problems we did make up as friends and continued speaking but then he got really flaky with me and I got the sense he wasn't interested in being friends.

So I stopped talking to him for months and recently tried to become friends again. I thought that was going to happen but then again he got really flaky and just made it so obvious he was not interested in talking and I can't seem to understand why. I've been such a good person to him, I've done nothing wrong yet he doesn't care. So even though my romantic feelings for him are long gone, I feel really **** whenever I see him talking to other girls the way he would talk to me when we were good friends. What should I do? Because I believe I don't have feelings for him, I just wanted us to be friends and I don't know what I've essentially done wrong...
I'm actually in a v similar position. Into longer have feelings for him but care about him and wish we could be friends. I eventually gave up, coming to the conclusion that the person and wanted him to be wasn't the person he is. But its sad when I see him. :/ pm me if you need to rant haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
So I need a little advice... Basically there's this guy who I used to have feelings for. He led me on real bad and made me believe we could possibly have something. It was quite hard getting over him, plus what made it worse is that a lot of people knew about it and kept talking about it. But that was last year. I've since gotten over him, moved on and dated other guys- so I've obviously had feelings for other people. I'm currently dating now and fancy someone else. However I can't seem to shake off this feeling of jealousy, dare I say it, whenever I see him talking to other girls. After our problems we did make up as friends and continued speaking but then he got really flaky with me and I got the sense he wasn't interested in being friends.

So I stopped talking to him for months and recently tried to become friends again. I thought that was going to happen but then again he got really flaky and just made it so obvious he was not interested in talking and I can't seem to understand why. I've been such a good person to him, I've done nothing wrong yet he doesn't care. So even though my romantic feelings for him are long gone, I feel really **** whenever I see him talking to other girls the way he would talk to me when we were good friends. What should I do? Because I believe I don't have feelings for him, I just wanted us to be friends and I don't know what I've essentially done wrong...

Original post by missytwinpeaks
I'm actually in a v similar position. Into longer have feelings for him but care about him and wish we could be friends. I eventually gave up, coming to the conclusion that the person and wanted him to be wasn't the person he is. But its sad when I see him. :/ pm me if you need to rant haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure a third person in a similar position will soon come along
:smile:
Why does my heart feel so bad?

Spoiler

I was once lead on by a girl and it brought me to tears the way she rejected me :cry2:
But im afraid youre gonna have to let him go.
Things didnt work out between the two of you and youre now dating other guys!
Find interest in them as theyll probably want to date you and wont act all immature like this other guy!!
But hes not worth your time so find someone who is!
If wanted to still be friends he would still be friends so im afraid its all over between you and him.
Youve both moved on and you will find an amazing guy who wants to be with you!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by FireFreezer77
I was once lead on by a girl and it brought me to tears the way she rejected me :cry2:
But im afraid youre gonna have to let him go.
Things didnt work out between the two of you and youre now dating other guys!
Find interest in them as theyll probably want to date you and wont act all immature like this other guy!!
But hes not worth your time so find someone who is!
If wanted to still be friends he would still be friends so im afraid its all over between you and him.
Youve both moved on and you will find an amazing guy who wants to be with you!!!!

Yeah you're so right. I really do want to fully forget him and move on, but its kinda hard because I see him almost every day.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah you're so right. I really do want to fully forget him and move on, but its kinda hard because I see him almost every day.

Thats understandable. Ive experienced that too and its hard to forget about them.
But then along comes someone else and i forgot about them.
Youre lucky though as youre dating someone else!!!
Ive never had a relationship. All attempts have ended in failure!!
But try to avoid him as much as you can and focus on the guy youre dating!!
That's how it goes sometimes. Not everyone is your friend, some people are easier to love from a distance.
I'm in a ... somewhat similar situation, even though I have a gf my mood drops when I see a particular girl flirting
What I do is tell myself I dont care about it and the feeling is passing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending