Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why does TSR pretend that this isn't true? I get hassled over it long after I've stopped caring myself. For instance I was at a family frind's house one day then this happened:

*I'm with friend when woman and her 20 year old daughter comes in*

*Older woman gets drunk, starts quizzing me on whether I have a girlfriend*

*I say no*

*Quiz me on whether I've ever had a girlfriend*

*I say no*

*Then all three keep talking about it, even linking it to why I was refused alcohol earlier, apparently it shows that I'm not man enough to assert what I wanted to the shopkeeper*

*Get pissed off and leave, never go back*

I have many other stories of people (almost always women) acting strange and awkward around me when I reveal this. I could lie but why should I? I don't even care personally, lost my sex drive ages ago. I just wish people would stop judging me over it.

So it's official kids, if you'e a virgin over 25 you are definitely looked down on by society.

ReputationRep:
    Got a case of the early morning blues, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Whats your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Whats your question?
    Literally in the first line

(Original post by Davalla)
    Got a case of the early morning blues, eh?
    I joined this site in a good mood to talk about my interests. But a whole day of being ignored has ended that so it's all depressive posts from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is everywhere. It's in our media, people talk about it etc. For many young people, it becomes a central part of their lives wanting to experience this new and crazy thing, and for many they do just that.

You're fine, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. If I hadn't met the right person, I would still be a virgin at 23. At the end of the day, it's your life and you live it the way you want. If people don't understand or respect your life decisions, that's their problem.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.