The Student Room Group

Student Finance 3rd Year Help

Hello Guy's

I need some serious help. Basically I had started University during the 2012/2013 year and I had interrupted two years of study's due to bad illness. The years 2012/2013 of which I got the full years of tuition fee and 2014/2015 where I got half as I had stopped 2 months into my studies.

When I applied last year SF denied me tution fee due to already using 3 years and as I was not in my 3rd year. They informed me each student gets 3yrs + 1 gift year. The gift year i would not get until my 3rd year, so to get tuition fee for my 2nd year I would have to submit a CPR, which I did. The accepted the CPR and paid my tuition fee in January this year. The way I have read and was Informed by SFE is that with CPR i gain one of my years back.

Now just last week I applied for student finance, and now they have informed me that I am not eligible for the tuition fee as with the CPR i used my gift year, I explained to the advisor about five different times that i gan one year back so shouldn't I be given tuition fee for my final year as with the CPR that would be considered my fourth year. As of right now they're referring my application back to the assessors but I am extremely worried as I cannot afford to pay £9k for the tuition fee.

Even though it is being refered, am I entitled to the last years funding? I am extremely worried of what's going to happen.

Please Help ;(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending