The Student Room Group

Advice needed for taking the pill back to back for 2 months?

Hi, i basically need a bit of reassurance that i plan i have is ok and will work.

My GP says its fine to take a packet of pills back to back, so here's the context.

I'm on my last pill today, so will get my period on sunday. However, I'm going on holiday on 20th August (when i'm due my next period in August)

Should i take the second packet back to back this month (tomorrow) to avoid any break through bleeding on the holiday next month, meaning i'll get my period in 3 weeks (1 week before i go)

or should i continue this month with a period as normal and take the double packet on holiday with me to stop it directly that month, with the risk of break through bleeding and any other effects on the holiday?

will the first option work?

Thanks for the help!!!
any of those options would work, just depends when you want to bleed! You can take the pill back to back for more than 2 months. I did 5 packs in a row last summer when I was on the combined pill, no breakthrough bleeding. Its perfectly fine.
either way is fine, you can also take part of a pack extra (e.g. take 4 weeks then a break week rather than 3 or 6) just as long as you keep it over 3 weeks for each run

I would probably do your period the week before you go just to be on the safe side as you can get breakthrough bleeding if you're not used to running packs together, I think I only made it 5 weeks the first time I ran packs together
Either will work. I've done both, back to back whilst on holiday and this month I'm doing back to back to get my bleeding the week before it was going to come

Quick Reply

Latest