Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving test in1 hour.... any last minute tips? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and predict where you got minors (or majors) as you go along, just keep on going and you'll see at the end. In the test I failed I spent the whole time going "I've failed!!!" over silly little mistakes that weren't even minors, and I hadn't... until I ran a red light because I was freaking out so much. Just stay calm and drive like you normally do. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated
    Main Advice: Don't panic and stay calm if you make a mistake (otherwise you'll lose confidence and might end up doing worse later on)
    Other tips: emphasise every manoeuvre (360 observation, checking all mirrors, etc.) and ALWAYS checking rear-view mirror before stopping. Good luck and let us know how you do.

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, try to keep calm. I made so many mistakes I wouldn't usually do in my driving test due to nerves.
    Remember observations - easy to rack up minors here.
    Also - watch the speedometer. Inappropriate speed can cause minors.

Try not to run anyone over.
    Yea, my driving test was 11 months ago so can't really remember much.

ReputationRep:
    check mirrors when turning, good luck *
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I haven't sat my test yet so don't have any tips but just wanted to wish you good luck! let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    Take your time, don't rush to get it over and done with quickly. Take your time doing your manoeuvres, be careful when approaching junctions. The examiner isn't looking for a perfect driver, just a safe one.

If you're not sure - don't go! You only get a minor for hesitation, but a major for pulling out in front of someone.

Exaggerate your blind spot checks during manoeuvres! :lol:

Just drive as though you would during your regular lessons, and it'll be absolutely fine - best of luck OP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.