The Student Room Group

Driving test in1 hour.... any last minute tips?

If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated :smile:
Don't try and predict where you got minors (or majors) as you go along, just keep on going and you'll see at the end. In the test I failed I spent the whole time going "I've failed!!!" over silly little mistakes that weren't even minors, and I hadn't... until I ran a red light because I was freaking out so much. Just stay calm and drive like you normally do. Good luck!
Original post by HopelessMedic
If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated :smile:

Main Advice: Don't panic and stay calm if you make a mistake (otherwise you'll lose confidence and might end up doing worse later on)
Other tips: emphasise every manoeuvre (360 observation, checking all mirrors, etc.) and ALWAYS checking rear-view mirror before stopping. Good luck and let us know how you do. :smile:
Uhm, try to keep calm. I made so many mistakes I wouldn't usually do in my driving test due to nerves.
Remember observations - easy to rack up minors here.
Also - watch the speedometer. Inappropriate speed can cause minors.

Try not to run anyone over.
Yea, my driving test was 11 months ago so can't really remember much.
check mirrors when turning, good luck :smile:*
Reply 5
I haven't sat my test yet so don't have any tips but just wanted to wish you good luck! :h: let us know how you get on :smile:
Take your time, don't rush to get it over and done with quickly. Take your time doing your manoeuvres, be careful when approaching junctions. The examiner isn't looking for a perfect driver, just a safe one.

If you're not sure - don't go! You only get a minor for hesitation, but a major for pulling out in front of someone.

Exaggerate your blind spot checks during manoeuvres! :lol:

Just drive as though you would during your regular lessons, and it'll be absolutely fine - best of luck OP :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending