Turn on thread page Beta

Driving test in1 hour.... any last minute tips? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and predict where you got minors (or majors) as you go along, just keep on going and you'll see at the end. In the test I failed I spent the whole time going "I've failed!!!" over silly little mistakes that weren't even minors, and I hadn't... until I ran a red light because I was freaking out so much. Just stay calm and drive like you normally do. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    If you had to give one piece of advice about the practical driving test what would it be? Any help is much appreciated
    Main Advice: Don't panic and stay calm if you make a mistake (otherwise you'll lose confidence and might end up doing worse later on)
    Other tips: emphasise every manoeuvre (360 observation, checking all mirrors, etc.) and ALWAYS checking rear-view mirror before stopping. Good luck and let us know how you do.

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, try to keep calm. I made so many mistakes I wouldn't usually do in my driving test due to nerves.
    Remember observations - easy to rack up minors here.
    Also - watch the speedometer. Inappropriate speed can cause minors.

Try not to run anyone over.
    Yea, my driving test was 11 months ago so can't really remember much.

ReputationRep:
    check mirrors when turning, good luck *

ReputationRep:
    I haven't sat my test yet so don't have any tips but just wanted to wish you good luck! let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    Take your time, don't rush to get it over and done with quickly. Take your time doing your manoeuvres, be careful when approaching junctions. The examiner isn't looking for a perfect driver, just a safe one.

If you're not sure - don't go! You only get a minor for hesitation, but a major for pulling out in front of someone.

Exaggerate your blind spot checks during manoeuvres! :lol:

Just drive as though you would during your regular lessons, and it'll be absolutely fine - best of luck OP

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.