Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going to University in september, and i have already applied for my student finance, however, i put down that i will be living at home and commuting into london. However, recently i have been looking at renting a flat in london with friends whilst I'm studying, but this will probably not happen until christmas!

is it possible to change your finance application, or apply for more funding after my uni course has started? and how would i do that ??

please help I'm so confused and thank you!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by nicolakaik)
    I am going to University in september, and i have already applied for my student finance, however, i put down that i will be living at home and commuting into london. However, recently i have been looking at renting a flat in london with friends whilst I'm studying, but this will probably not happen until christmas!

is it possible to change your finance application, or apply for more funding after my uni course has started? and how would i do that ??

please help I'm so confused and thank you!!
    Yes you can change it and yes you can change it partway through the year.

Call SFE and ask them which forms you need to fill in/send them and when to get the change made.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You can change it up to 9 months after you start your course.

ReputationRep:
    As above, yes it is possible.

However, make sure you do the maths first and use the online SF calculator to get an estimate of your new entitlement. Your Maintenance Loan won't necessarily go up by enough to cover rent in your chosen area.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.