The Student Room Group

Relationship with a Virgin

Would you get into/stay in a relationship with someone who hasn't had sex before and wants to wait for it? I'm worried about my potential university dating experiences because I know a lot of people consider sex to be important in relationships but I don't want to turn people off because I might not want to have sex with them very early in the relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Pretty sure most people who start university are virgins. You'll be fine! Have fun and be safe! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Would you get into/stay in a relationship with someone who hasn't had sex before and wants to wait for it? I'm worried about my potential university dating experiences because I know a lot of people consider sex to be important in relationships but I don't want to turn people off because I might not want to have sex with them very early in the relationship.

Best way is do what you want, don't let anyone pressure you into anything you don't want to do.
You have to decide if you think it is worth it to wait. Frankly, it is a lot to ask at that age, so of course you feel wary. Follow your heart.
It depends what you mean by wait. Wait until marriage? No, sex is an important part of the relationship. If it was waiting until they felt comfortable, sure. So I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 5
Yes, I would rather be with a virgin that someone who had a lot of previous sexual partners. I'm not that fussed about sex so wouldn't mind waiting either. I go could with being with someone asexual too. Wouldn't bother me either way.
Reply 6
Original post by A-LJLB
It depends what you mean by wait. Wait until marriage? No, sex is an important part of the relationship. If it was waiting until they felt comfortable, sure. So I'm sure you'll be fine!

No, just waiting until I feel like I know they are the right person to be with for it. I don't want to end up regretting it, you know?
Reply 7
Original post by Rock Fan
Best way is do what you want, don't let anyone pressure you into anything you don't want to do.

I don't think I'd let anyone pressure me into it, it would just be disappointing if someone rejected me because of it so I'd rather be prepared lol
I seriously dont understand all this mentality. Being a virgin should be a proud thing. This forum has shocked me in many ways.
Vast majority of those starting uni are Virgins
No, just waiting until I feel like I know they are the right person to be with for it. I don't want to end up regretting it, you know?

No I totally understand, I'd have no problem with that personally :smile:
Well I'm with someone but if my other half was a virgin when we got together then it wouldn't bother me as at the end of the day it's down to the individual if they want to wait until they're with someone special/married to loose their virginity :smile: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think personally id probably be speaking for most guys by saying its not a turn off to be a virgin and to wait a while but very few will be willing to wait for months and months
I think some girls who are virgins can have idealised notions of dating/love etc which are Disney inspired and can be a bit naive and sheltered especially if they are from one of those backgrounds. So be prepared for the girl to be very clingy and paranoid, especially after the act
Original post by A-LJLB

I second this, couldn't have said it better myself :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A Lot of guys will be turned on by the fact that you're a virgin
Tbh, you go to uni to learn and have fun. Not to find "the one". Seriously, with that mindset you will easily get side-tracked and end up with losers.

If the person truly loves you, then it wouldn't matter if you are a virgin or not.

There's hope for everyone, so don't feel like you need to do what others want you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Plus, having a relationship with someone in uni can be disruptive in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
Tbh, you go to uni to learn and not to find "the one". Seriously, with that mindset you will easily get side-tracked and end up with losers.

If the person truly loves you, then it wouldn't matter if you are a virgin or not.

There's hope for everyone, so don't feel like you need to do what others want you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry that me having 'that mindset' of not wanting to spend £27,000 to go to uni and not consider the social aspect of it all is so offensive to you lmao.
I didn't say I was waiting for love, I just wanted to know if making it past the first few weeks of dating someone new would be harder without the presence of sex.
I'm sorry that me having 'that mindset' of not wanting to spend £27,000 to go to uni and not consider the social aspect of it all is so offensive to you lmao.
I didn't say I was waiting for love, I just wanted to know if making it past the first few weeks of dating someone new would be harder without the presence of sex.

So, you felt the need to abuse the anon button to respond in a rude manner? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Where in my previous post did I find your original post or anything "offensive"? I'm not stressed "bew bew", I am chilled as fk, thanks for asking.

It's clear that the only person who finds it "offensive" is you, because I don't give two fks about what you do. Let's be honest here.

I only gave my opinion, so you can either eat it or throw it away.

I hope you find the courage to grow your man balls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending