The Student Room Group

Feeling very alone!

I start my last year of uni next week and my only close friend has gone on placement. I'm by myself now and it's getting me down. My whole year is very cliquey so making new friends was hard anyway because I didn't start my course with them. To top it off this girl on my course who decided to play mean girls last year is gloating! I saw her yesterday and felt physically sick. I have no problems being alone but in these circumstances it's bothering me. Yesterday they were all in a group and I was sat there by myself. I really don't know how I'm going to make friends.
Original post by Anonymous
I start my last year of uni next week and my only close friend has gone on placement. I'm by myself now and it's getting me down. My whole year is very cliquey so making new friends was hard anyway because I didn't start my course with them. To top it off this girl on my course who decided to play mean girls last year is gloating! I saw her yesterday and felt physically sick. I have no problems being alone but in these circumstances it's bothering me. Yesterday they were all in a group and I was sat there by myself. I really don't know how I'm going to make friends.

Next time you see a group of people while you are alone, go and talk to them. Either that or find someone else who is alone and talk to them. Chances are, you will make friends very quickly. Don't let anything stop you.
Join clubs or societies, start mingling with people there.

You can also join clubs outside of uni such as salsa dancing, badminton club.

You can always be my friend and feel free to PM me if you need to talk :smile:.

Good Luck!
Original post by Anonymous

aww why dont you just join some societies or just go up to people and start a conversation, hope all goes well for you xx
Original post by Analyst89
Join clubs or societies, start mingling with people there.

You can also join clubs outside of uni such as salsa dancing, badminton club.

You can always be my friend and feel free to PM me if you need to talk :smile:.

Good Luck!

Pretty much this. I've made an effort to join more societies this year in the hopes of making new friends, and that's where most people tend to do so...so it's your best option.

Maybe do some volunteer work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending