The Student Room Group

Help with loneliness and long-term crush? LONG STORY!!!

Well lets just start it off this way, firstly I'm the type of introverted girl with no close friends. Though you would never know it. In real life I can be pretty sociable, friendly, giggly even professional. But inside I feel like a right mess. I know a lot of people who I could call friends, but no best-friends who I can talk to about anything, call up, hang out with even hug lol on a regular basis. Most holidays it is just me and my family. I've been never one for social media, it could show too much of my personal life that I want to hide. Its kind of embrassing to me.
Tbh it never really bothered me till university. I have a close relationship with my mum and when I come home from school it is usually a haven where I can be myself and relax. But when I came to uni I felt pretty isolated, although I've made friends on my course. I feel sorta uncomfortable, they have so many stories to tell, friends visiting them, partying that they are so used to. Everything is so new to me and overwhelming so I end up going home every weekend to my haven. In result I haven't made any best friends that I hoped for.
I think the problem is I have never really found anyone like me, I know that is stupid but I am always literally the minority. My bros and sis know it too, im Caribbean and literally we are the lowest percentile that go to uni. To top it off I'm doing medicine, so literally no one I can relate to. Not that that matters to me I just want any friend. But I feel like it matters to others, i wish i was sometimes brought up like the rest of the black Caribbean girls - this is not been stereotypical I mean more involved in my black culture. I feel like they look at me and think I'm lame, and I don't fit in with the white girls and the Asians are just so close knit I can never be true friends with them. To top it off I feel like I get more along with boys than girls, it so hard being friends with girls they are too complex. It messes with your head lool. Please help how can i make best friends with people without them finding my past so boring and lame?
To my crush, there is this guy who was in my college I just fell for. Mostly his looks, but well what can you do. I ended up dropping that subject and hoping that i could forget about him, never happened. But needless to say he ended up going to the same uni as me. I actually tried in college to get to know him, but it never worked and we never had a full conversation. It always felt awkward between us and I ended up feeling he didn't like me when I got one word answers from him. I was so surprised when I saw him here, and ended up bumping into him again today by the will of god today. He was pretty nice and grinny and I can't get out of my head how stupid I was to not ask for his number or something. But I was scared, tbh i don't think im really his type Im short and slightly overweight and he is so tall and I doubt my parents would like me having a boyfriend when I need to focus on studying. I would even be happy if we are just friends, since I have never been in a relationship (of course) and I would probs be too much for me. But I feel like that was me last chance to talk to him and it would end up like college where I just ignore him when we past each other now. I would be strange if i just ask his number now right? He did seem more friendly than usual and asked where I lived. We live quite close to each other, but I doubt he would be interested in me. What do you think, shall I just continue to daydream away my fears?
Reply 1
Get his number, get to know him and integrate into his circles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending