The Student Room Group

Aspartame: The Bitter Truth Behind This Toxic Sweetener

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd still rather have these things that don't affect my demographic at all than cavities (I'm not taking any chances after 3 deep fillings!)
aspartame is love. pratically no calorites and practically negligable health risks.
I highly encourage all fat people to switch from sugary drinks to aspartame (diet) drinks
better to be less fat with some very minor problems that might happen (although probably not) than fatter without them.
Reply 3
didnt' aspartame take 30 years to get FDA approved and it has links with certain types of Cancers. It's made from the faecal matter of E.Coli Bacteria too no?
Reply 4
Who cares. If you sit and have a bowl of cereal in your living room, all the dead skin cells of your family (dust) are raining down on your cookie crisp but they pose no threat to you
These are poor references for a longstanding scientific red herring. You cannot use a You Tube video and magazine as a source for these outlandish claims. Aspartame (and saccharin) are some of the most widely, rigorously tested food additives in existence and its safety with regards to human health has been published multiple times. Further scare stories like this don't discredit this enormous body of research.

Quick Reply

Latest