The Student Room Group

What is the longest you have walked for?

Scroll to see replies

15.2 miles in a day
Reply 21
30 miles
Original post by Eodi
My high school used to make us walk 11 miles every year

enjoyable amphiboly.
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
I can't run as fast as Mo Farah in long-distance!

Farah runs around 16-17 mph, which is crazy in itself. Unless if you were an olympic athlete, those speeds are not sustainable. But if you are running at 14 mph, I do suggest you give UK Sport a ring.
Original post by minimums_ILS_
Farah runs around 16-17 mph, which is crazy in itself. Unless if you were an olympic athlete, those speeds are not sustainable. But if you are running at 14 mph, I do suggest you give UK Sport a ring.

Or enter 2020 Olympics.
I'll go to the tryouts!
How far is your mum's house?
Original post by Quantex
In the region of 260-270 miles.

0.o

...continuously?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
0.o

...continuously?

Well, I slept in my tent, stopped for food etc. and had a full day off in the middle. It was 20-32 miles a day, depending on terrain and weather.

I did meet a guy along the way who was coming to the end of a ~1,100 Land's End to John O'Groats walk. That's far more hardcore.
In a single day, about 22 miles
From the big Tesco store on the outskirts of Cleethorpes to the Cleethorpes train station. :redface:
half a marathon in 2 and a half hours when i was at uni (trainers and trousers make a massive difference to speed and time taken).
I've done a few long distance walking events in the past like the Nijmegen marches (100 miles over 4 days), the Pathfinder March (46 miles in under 20hrs) and a couple of 100k treks - one was London to Brighton to it was pretty flat; that took me just under 24hrs. The other was the Peak District 100k which was far more hilly but I did that in under 21 hours.
Original post by quasa
half a marathon in 2 and a half hours when i was at uni (trainers and trousers make a massive difference to speed and time taken).

Did you get a burning feeling in your lungs and the feeling like you are going to be sick at any moment? :colone:
5 hours - NCS hike
On foot, I remember my feet throbbing.
In one go? 132km (Oxford -> Cambridge, 36 hours)
With sleep etc? 820km. (French Pyranees -> Santiago de Campostella, 30 days)

Original post by Quantex
Well, I slept in my tent, stopped for food etc. and had a full day off in the middle. It was 20-32 miles a day, depending on terrain and weather.

Where was that Quantex?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FreedomTower
Did you get a burning feeling in your lungs and the feeling like you are going to be sick at any moment? :colone:

no nausea or respiratory problems but my feet felt like they were burning (and I chaffed quite a bit that day)
Five and a half hours without eating breakfast or lunch. One of the worst times of my life, felt like I was gonna collapse any minute
I've run 18 miles in 3 hours before.
Most days since I started uni in 2012 I have walked back and forth 35-45 minutes to and from campus and where I was living

But the most I have walked in one go is probably about 2hr. I had a dr's appointment far out, and was lost. If that counts. Idk how many km I walked because I don't carry a ruler but it had to have been over an hr because it got dark and I still didn't find the place.

*Ohhh this is the Fitness Section. I just clicked latest discussions bwahha.

Oh yea I jog on the pavement old school style, I don't use the treadmill lol
(edited 7 years ago)
We don't use Kilometres in UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest