Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys! Do you find it unattractive when a girl curses like a sailor? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its very unattractive to me if a girl swears even if she does it casually... I just tend to notice it. there are plenty of good alternatives
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Nah, swearing is great. I only find it distasteful when used in vulgar insults or if the person overuses certain words too much.

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary....

ReputationRep:
    Depends how frequent and under what circumstances. If it is so often it's extremely noticeable then maybe but I'd think it would come under personality overall rather than just swearing too much. That being said I think a girl that swears sometimes is a good thing as it makes gives off an impression as being down to earth which is never a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly wouldn't care, using swear words doesn't really mean anything and has no bearing on intelligence. As long as she isn't stupid I don't really mind if she swears as I do too haha.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why it's acceptable for a guy to swear a lot but not a girl? It's annoying when anyone swears in every other sentence

ReputationRep:
    i would let her splice my mainbrace :perv:

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's not too excessive or mean spirited then I don't see the problem at all, though it does depend on context. The only time I would never swear (aside from around my parents) is around children and I hate it when people do that, then I may start to consider them an ugly person. If someone swears directly at children as well it properly annoys me, it's just not right, other than that I don't care, that's for males and females too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    I don't ****ing give a **** how much she swears. All that matters is a good ass and a decent personality

**** off you idiot. Don't act like you could ever get a girl. You won't ever if all you care about is only a good ass and 'decent' personality. What the **** is that meant to mean? The most important thing is a good ass and the second thing that you just added on because it would make the sentence sound better? Oh, since you most likely skipped school (which i can tell from your comment) then i will give you a quick lesson. GOOD is better than DECENT. Got that? OK.

last thing is:
    Spoiler:
    Show

**** YOU!

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I know any sailors
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7174256.html

**** the haters
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by qwertygirl7)
    **** off you idiot. Don't act like you could ever get a girl. You won't ever if all you care about is only a good ass and 'decent' personality. What the **** is that meant to mean? The most important thing is a good ass and the second thing that you just added on because it would make the sentence sound better? Oh, since you most likely skipped school (which i can tell from your comment) then i will give you a quick lesson. GOOD is better than DECENT. Got that? OK.

last thing is:
    Spoiler:
    Show

**** YOU!

****ing triggered - I can't tell if you're a troll or genuine. The post was tounge in cheek XD

Though darling I can assure you I haven't skipped school, take a look at my profile and you'll see that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a **** tbh. I'd be holding her to a much higher standard than I hold myself to and that'd be a bit **** of me, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I don't get why it's acceptable for a guy to swear a lot but not a girl? It's annoying when anyone swears in every other sentence
    It's hypocrisy. Not some silly reason as to why women are oppressed by the patriachy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    what extent of cursing do you find unattractive and why?
    I don't really mind swearing so long as it's not excessive or done in a threatening way. If girls swear too much though it can be unattractive, a little bit I really don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    nothing worse than a alcoholic fat girl with an attitude who swears a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care, but I hope the girlies like posh swearing :perv:

I'm foul mouthed as hell

ReputationRep:
    Love a posho (never a chav) that swears, I just find it strangely attractive, cute and fiery.

Mind you, I'm talking about guys from a girls perspective, so I'll just leave now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Nah, swearing is great. I only find it distasteful when used in vulgar insults or if the person overuses certain words too much.
    I believe that swearing is OK, up to a point. If needed, then yes. But not if used in every other word or sentence.

Swearing in normal circumstances is fine. Excessive swearing isn't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.