The Student Room Group

Guys! Do you find it unattractive when a girl curses like a sailor?

Scroll to see replies

Its very unattractive to me if a girl swears even if she does it casually... I just tend to notice it. there are plenty of good alternatives
Nah, swearing is great. I only find it distasteful when used in vulgar insults or if the person overuses certain words too much.
On the contrary....
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends how frequent and under what circumstances. If it is so often it's extremely noticeable then maybe but I'd think it would come under personality overall rather than just swearing too much. That being said I think a girl that swears sometimes is a good thing as it makes gives off an impression as being down to earth which is never a bad thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly wouldn't care, using swear words doesn't really mean anything and has no bearing on intelligence. As long as she isn't stupid I don't really mind if she swears as I do too haha.
I don't get why it's acceptable for a guy to swear a lot but not a girl? It's annoying when anyone swears in every other sentence
(edited 7 years ago)
i would let her splice my mainbrace :perv:
Reply 27
As long as it's not too excessive or mean spirited then I don't see the problem at all, though it does depend on context. The only time I would never swear (aside from around my parents) is around children and I hate it when people do that, then I may start to consider them an ugly person. If someone swears directly at children as well it properly annoys me, it's just not right, other than that I don't care, that's for males and females too.
Original post by Michael_Fishy
I don't ****ing give a **** how much she swears. All that matters is a good ass and a decent personality

**** off you idiot. Don't act like you could ever get a girl. You won't ever if all you care about is only a good ass and 'decent' personality. What the **** is that meant to mean? The most important thing is a good ass and the second thing that you just added on because it would make the sentence sound better? Oh, since you most likely skipped school (which i can tell from your comment) then i will give you a quick lesson. GOOD is better than DECENT. Got that? OK.

last thing is:

Spoiler

I can't say I know any sailors
Original post by qwertygirl7
**** off you idiot. Don't act like you could ever get a girl. You won't ever if all you care about is only a good ass and 'decent' personality. What the **** is that meant to mean? The most important thing is a good ass and the second thing that you just added on because it would make the sentence sound better? Oh, since you most likely skipped school (which i can tell from your comment) then i will give you a quick lesson. GOOD is better than DECENT. Got that? OK.

last thing is:

Spoiler

****ing triggered - I can't tell if you're a troll or genuine. The post was tounge in cheek XD

Though darling I can assure you I haven't skipped school, take a look at my profile and you'll see that.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't give a **** tbh. I'd be holding her to a much higher standard than I hold myself to and that'd be a bit **** of me, no?
Original post by bones-mccoy
I don't get why it's acceptable for a guy to swear a lot but not a girl? It's annoying when anyone swears in every other sentence

It's hypocrisy. Not some silly reason as to why women are oppressed by the patriachy.
Original post by elekro
what extent of cursing do you find unattractive and why?

I don't really mind swearing so long as it's not excessive or done in a threatening way. If girls swear too much though it can be unattractive, a little bit I really don't mind.
nothing worse than a alcoholic fat girl with an attitude who swears a lot.
Not really.
I don't care, but I hope the girlies like posh swearing :perv:

I'm foul mouthed as hell
Love a posho (never a chav) that swears, I just find it strangely attractive, cute and fiery.

Mind you, I'm talking about guys from a girls perspective, so I'll just leave now...
Original post by Paracosm
Nah, swearing is great. I only find it distasteful when used in vulgar insults or if the person overuses certain words too much.

I believe that swearing is OK, up to a point. If needed, then yes. But not if used in every other word or sentence.

Swearing in normal circumstances is fine. Excessive swearing isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending