The Student Room Group

Should I get in contact with my ex?

We broke up a year ago and I'm totally over him, the thought of being with him is really offputting. It was kind of a mutual break up but it was his fault. He text me a couple of months ago because we bumped into eachother and I replied but in the end stopped because I couldn't really be bothered. Recently I feel like I don't want things to end that way and I would quite like to apologise for not replying and explain why I didn't - but I definitely am not trying to open the door on the relationship again (thats kind of why I stopped replying because I felt like that's what he wanted).

We did have a really good relationship while it lasted and at the time he was important to me and I feel uncomfortable with that being our last contact. I don't have him on social media either.

Would it be weird to contact him out of the blue? Would it look like I wanted something from him romantically?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
For how long were you together?

Sometimes keeping your ex your friend doesn't work, but sometimes it does. You would have to try to figure that out. Contact him and apologize for not replying and ask him if you can still be friends.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
We broke up a year ago and I'm totally over him, the thought of being with him is really offputting. It was kind of a mutual break up but it was his fault. He text me a couple of months ago because we bumped into eachother and I replied but in the end stopped because I couldn't really be bothered. Recently I feel like I don't want things to end that way and I would quite like to apologise for not replying and explain why I didn't - but I definitely am not trying to open the door on the relationship again (thats kind of why I stopped replying because I felt like that's what he wanted).

We did have a really good relationship while it lasted and at the time he was important to me and I feel uncomfortable with that being our last contact. I don't have him on social media either.

Would it be weird to contact him out of the blue? Would it look like I wanted something from him romantically?

Its been a couple of months ago i would just move on if i were you. He probably has moved on now and thinks you have too so leave him be especially as you have no feelings anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending