The Student Room Group

Declaration form

Hi :smile: I have tried (unsuccessfully) to send the declaration form for funding for 16/17 twice now. Last I was told by my uni it either didn't arrive or was not accepted because of a recent change in referencing. I am a continuing EU student and for personal reasons am unable to call the number of SFE right now. Can someone tell me what form exactly I need to send? Thanks.
Hi

Following the government restructure, provision and responsibility student funding has moved from the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) to the Department for Education (DfE).

As a result of this a Transfer of Function order was signed on 19th October 2016 and came into force from the 9th November 2016. This transferred all functions, assets and liabilities, which sat with BIS to DfE. This included all BIS loan contracts ratified prior to the transfer date.

Once the Transfer date has passed BIS will cease to exist as was. As a result any BIS loan contracts ratified after this date cannot be accepted by SFE.

We were able to accept the older Declarations which refer to BIS until after the official change over date, 9th November 2016, as long as it is signed and dated prior to that date and received within the grace period. The grace period ended on the 30th November 2016.

Any form referring to BIS, signed and dated after the transfer date and received during the grace period or any BIS form received after the grace period will not be accepted.

If you have sent one with the old wording on it, you would have been sent a letter directing you to your online account to print and sign the relevant DfE form. You will be able to print the correct form from the 'Your to-do list' section.

Customers who applied on paper will have been sent a two page letter which they must return. One page will have the DfE Declaration to be signed and the other page will be a letter to you advising why it has been sent.

You can view and print these from the correspondence section of you online account.

Thanks
Original post by radiant1005
Hi :smile: I have tried (unsuccessfully) to send the declaration form for funding for 16/17 twice now. Last I was told by my uni it either didn't arrive or was not accepted because of a recent change in referencing. I am a continuing EU student and for personal reasons am unable to call the number of SFE right now. Can someone tell me what form exactly I need to send? Thanks.

There's been some discussion on the uni email lists about this - it seems that the student funding moved government departments and the new department (Department for Education) couldn't accept forms addressed to the old one
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1701&L=ADMIN-SLC&F=&S=&P=6294

There was a problem with the online system providing the old form - make sure it says "Department of Education" on it and not "Department of Business, Innovation and Skills" and you should be ok :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi

Following the government restructure, provision and responsibility student funding has moved from the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) to the Department for Education (DfE).

As a result of this a Transfer of Function order was signed on 19th October 2016 and came into force from the 9th November 2016. This transferred all functions, assets and liabilities, which sat with BIS to DfE. This included all BIS loan contracts ratified prior to the transfer date.

Once the Transfer date has passed BIS will cease to exist as was. As a result any BIS loan contracts ratified after this date cannot be accepted by SFE.

We were able to accept the older Declarations which refer to BIS until after the official change over date, 9th November 2016, as long as it is signed and dated prior to that date and received within the grace period. The grace period ended on the 30th November 2016.

Any form referring to BIS, signed and dated after the transfer date and received during the grace period or any BIS form received after the grace period will not be accepted.

If you have sent one with the old wording on it, you would have been sent a letter directing you to your online account to print and sign the relevant DfE form. You will be able to print the correct form from the 'Your to-do list' section.

Customers who applied on paper will have been sent a two page letter which they must return. One page will have the DfE Declaration to be signed and the other page will be a letter to you advising why it has been sent.

You can view and print these from the correspondence section of you online account.

Thanks

Thank you! However, I have not been sent the letter in question, nor do I have a 'Your to-do list' section in my account. Can I just print and fill in the form for continuing EU students - EUPR1A? I expect this would have been updated since it's on the website? Will it delay my application further to submit this one?
Original post by radiant1005
Thank you! However, I have not been sent the letter in question, nor do I have a 'Your to-do list' section in my account. Can I just print and fill in the form for continuing EU students - EUPR1A? I expect this would have been updated since it's on the website? Will it delay my application further to submit this one?

Hi,

yes you can print of the declaration from the paper form if it was initially the paper form you completed.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending