Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm erick and I'm 25. I got accepted to Notts masters in science in public health but I'm unsure if I should accept there offer or accept the offer to do my masters at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine for public health (LSHTM). I hate these kind of choices. I have visited Nottingham and it's beautiful and the university is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonalitomar7)
    Oh I'm Block-7
    Hi. I'm 25 and starting my Masters this September. My room is in Madison Court, block 8.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 29 and looking very much like I'll be starting a Plant Science course in September, so I'll be based on the SB campus.

ReputationRep:
    I count as most mature of all - 48! Starting MA International Relations in September. I live in Nottingham and I'm considering the option of renting out my house and moving into postgrad halls just for the hell of it and to help me focus on Being A Student rather than the normal me.

What do you think? Is that ridiculous when I've got a three bedroom house and garden only five miles from the campus?

Alternatively I'm going raise a bit of income by renting out a room to a student/student couple and maybe put another room on airbnb. The house is 25 minutes from campus by bike, 15 by car, but takes two buses. Do you think anyone would fancy it for the sake of more space and fewer rules? It's in Ruddington, only 15-20 minutes into the city centre by regular bus, got a Co-op supermarket, 6 pubs, OK shops etc.
    Name:  cycle route.PNG
Views: 143
Size:  247.2 KB

Looking forward to meeting fellow postgrads and sharing what it's like to be actually proper old. But not that old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jon_e_g)
    I count as most mature of all - 48! Starting MA International Relations in September. I live in Nottingham and I'm considering the option of renting out my house and moving into postgrad halls just for the hell of it and to help me focus on Being A Student rather than the normal me.

What do you think? Is that ridiculous when I've got a three bedroom house and garden only five miles from the campus?

Alternatively I'm going raise a bit of income by renting out a room to a student/student couple and maybe put another room on airbnb. The house is 25 minutes from campus by bike, 15 by car, but takes two buses. Do you think anyone would fancy it for the sake of more space and fewer rules? It's in Ruddington, only 15-20 minutes into the city centre by regular bus, got a Co-op supermarket, 6 pubs, OK shops etc.
    Name:  cycle route.PNG
Views: 143
Size:  247.2 KB

Looking forward to meeting fellow postgrads and sharing what it's like to be actually proper old. But not that old.
    I'll also be doing my MA in International Relations this September at Nottingham uni(as a 24 year old though) 😆!

Pm me if u want chat on fb or something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by old_lady)
    Pfft, youngsters

I'm 38 and starting a social work degree in september.
    Pffft, youngster! I'm 48 so I win the big prize All fellow postgrads have to call me grandfather and give up their seat for me at every opportunity

ReputationRep:
    I'm 31 and starting at Nottingham to do my postgrad in Brain Imaging. I'm a local lass though so I'm commuting from home and it's probably not okay to abandon your husband and child to move into halls anyway... haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ! I'm 22 and I'll be doing a master in marketing in septembre ! My room is in Madison court, block 8. Anyone doing the same master?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasse)
    Hi ! I'm 22 and I'll be doing a master in marketing in septembre ! My room is in Madison court, block 8. Anyone doing the same master?
    25 doing the marketing msc too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasse)

(Original post by Al92)
    22 and also doing marketing msc. Will be staying in block 8 madison court

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anneli)
    Hey. I'll also be staying in block 8. Which flat is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al92)
    Hey! where will you be staying?

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's great ! What's your room number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeromewilliams)
    I'll be 24 when I start in September. I'm doing Clinical and Molecular Microbiology and staying in Raleigh Park

I'm 21 and I'll be doing the same degree starting in september

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallFryxox)
    I'm 21 and I'll be doing the same degree starting in september
    The first person I've met doing the same course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeromewilliams)
    The first person I've met doing the same course
    Literally same I can't seem to find anyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewRes45)
    Hey. I'll also be staying in block 8. Which flat is yours?
    I'm I'm 058A. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasse)
    Oh that's great ! What's your room number?
    Mine is 058A. Which one is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 058A. Which one is yours?
    Yay found my first roommate ! I'm 058C!

ReputationRep:
    I'm I'm 058A. What about you?
    I'm 57D. Guess we're neighbours!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.