Turn on thread page Beta

Are loan payment dates set in stone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am an MA student, and have just received my second of three loans. While my course is three terms, the third is not taught and I am instead required to undertake (and fund) a practical project to submit.

That being said, I have started early on my project and am well underway - I will be submitting in early April. By the time my loan comes in, I will have submitted my work and will essentially be done with the MA.

What I am essentially asking if if the loan payment dates are 100% set in stone or if there is any leeway - think I heard a few years back that it was possible to receive the loan in one lump sum at the start of each year, although I can't find any information to support this so it may well have been false.

Thanks in advance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

Post Graduate Loan payments are paid in 3 instalments per Academic Year (AY) with the total awarded split as:

1st instalment - 33%

2nd instalment - 33%

3rd instalment - 34%

The dates the instalments will be paid will be as below:

1st instalment - course start date as provided by the HEP (assuming confirmation of registration received)

2nd instalment - last Wednesday in January 2017*

3rd instalment - last Wednesday in April 2017*

*August starters will share the same payment dates as September starters.

We are not able to change the dates or the percentage split.

Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.