Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am an MA student, and have just received my second of three loans. While my course is three terms, the third is not taught and I am instead required to undertake (and fund) a practical project to submit.

That being said, I have started early on my project and am well underway - I will be submitting in early April. By the time my loan comes in, I will have submitted my work and will essentially be done with the MA.

What I am essentially asking if if the loan payment dates are 100% set in stone or if there is any leeway - think I heard a few years back that it was possible to receive the loan in one lump sum at the start of each year, although I can't find any information to support this so it may well have been false.

Thanks in advance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Post Graduate Loan payments are paid in 3 instalments per Academic Year (AY) with the total awarded split as:

1st instalment - 33%

2nd instalment - 33%

3rd instalment - 34%

The dates the instalments will be paid will be as below:

1st instalment - course start date as provided by the HEP (assuming confirmation of registration received)

2nd instalment - last Wednesday in January 2017*

3rd instalment - last Wednesday in April 2017*

*August starters will share the same payment dates as September starters.

We are not able to change the dates or the percentage split.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.