Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Yes. And specifically why the critical factor that's preventing you from committing yourself to this guy is religion.
    The whole reason why is because if she decided to spend her life with a non muslim and then he later dies... she won't be able to pray for him to get to heaven because he isn't muslim. Marrying someone who's a good muslim is a logical and better option !!

ReputationRep:
    Or it was a Freudian slip... who knows!
    Please dont get ahead of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So, your religion is making you unhappy, and may even stress you for the rest of your life. Are you sure that it is good for you to follow it?
    What is it with non-muslims and misguiding others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    The whole reason why is because if she decided to spend her life with a non muslim and then he later dies... she won't be able to pray for him to get to heaven because he isn't muslim. Marrying someone who's a good muslim is a logical and better option !!
    Damn I forgot that Heaven thing - soz bro

I'm sure that praying for a rotting corpse does a lot of good things for your mental health though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OP please ignore this mariachi person. He's a well known troll who spends his time trying to seek attention. He is deliberately giving you strange links to confuse you :facepalm:
    thanks for this interesting opinion about me, to which I am sure that everyone will attribute all the importance it deserves

why don't you also inform e.g. Dr. El Fadl (who is a Professor of Islamic law at UCLA) about his "strange" nature and credentials ?

http://www.scholarofthehouse.org/abdrabelfad.html

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OP please ignore this mariachi person. He's a well known troll who spends his time trying to seek attention. He is deliberately giving you strange links to confuse you :facepalm:

I hope your situation improves
    So brave from you to hide behind the anonymous function to insult an user...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    What is it with non-muslims and misguiding others?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Damn I forgot that Heaven thing - soz bro

I'm sure that praying for a rotting corpse does a lot of good things for your mental health though
    Surely (the ones) who have disbelieved and die (while) they are steadfast disbelievers, upon those is the curse of Allah and the Angels and mankind all together. Quraan 2:161

Just let that sink in shall we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    What do you mean?
    Youre misguiding OP based upon what you want her to do. Which in this case leave her religion as for you its not satisfying so you want others to suffer with you.

Please dont get ahead of yourself.
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So brave from you to hide behind the anonymous function to insult an user...
    So brave of you to be biased.

Youre misguiding OP based upon what you want her to do. Which in this case leave her religion as for you its not satisfying so you want others to suffer with you.
    Preach

ReputationRep:
    Surely (the ones) who have disbelieved and die (while) they are steadfast disbelievers, upon those is the curse of Allah and the Angels and mankind all together. Quraan 2:161

Just let that sink in shall we?
    It can sink in as much as it like, your authoritatively written storybook isn't what's going to make me feel regrets at 12 am. If it does that to the OP, then it's her loss.

(Btw considering that mankind is majority non-Muslim, I doubt that it's in a position to curse anyone)

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    I'm not suffering. :lol:

....contrary to OP who seems pretty unhappy about her situation, because her religion tells her that the man she loves (and finds perfect) will in fact send her to hell.

"Biased"? how?

ReputationRep:
    It can sink in as much as it like, your authoritatively written storybook isn't what's going to make me feel regrets at 12 am. If it does that to the OP, then it's her loss.

(Btw considering that mankind is majority non-Muslim, I doubt that it's in a position to curse anyone)
    Well then we will see wont we when the judges of judges will give punishments accordingly and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    Well then we will see wont we when the judges of judges will give punishments accordingly and rightly so.
    Absolutely. It's actually hard arguing with you people because your ultimate recourse seems to be some variation of "we'll see who's right when you die!" argument, which is baseless on so many levels that it actually hurts.

In any case, I have to retire to my bed. I'll leave you with this quote from yet another well-known book which shares a lot more with the Q'uran than you might think.

"Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved" - Winnie the Pooh

ReputationRep:
    Because you have only seen that user on this thread the rest of us actually know for a fact he is a TROLL
    I have seen mariachi on TSR for more than two years now and he has always demonstrated strong knowledge and arguments. I don't think you know what is the definition of a troll, because it is the exact opposite of him.

In addition, you shouldn't call other users trolls (except in the chat), because you may receive a card for that.

ReputationRep:
    You're being biased, what makes you so sure that your religion is right? because you were brought up with it or because you read it in a book?

I think its perfectly acceptable to weigh all the options including leaving a religion and i have no problem people believing in God nor religion as an agnostic. But i must ask is it true in islam you believe that the prophet Muhammed spit the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse? and if so doesnt that seem a bit misguided and far fetched, i mean not to insult im just curious.

Spoiler:
    Show

the moon looks pretty fine to me... ( if you could shed some light onto the context it would be much appreciated!) again sorry if i may have offended you, that is not my intent.

ReputationRep:
    Bro, you're not a Muslim, you probably are not going to understand.
    You dont have to be muslim to understand stupidity

I can't believe I i revealed info about being abused for 20 odd years, having no family, very few friends, suffering anxiety and people are using this thread to prove their own points?? I've come here to ask for HELP and everytime I see a response I get hopeful that someone has something helpful to offer me, but no. I get you're self centered and want to get your own point across regardless of another human being's situation, but PLEASE can you target a thread from someone who perhaps has had it a little easier than I have?? FFS

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.