The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MiszShortee786
What is it with non-muslims and misguiding others?

What do you mean?
Original post by JohnGreek
Damn I forgot that Heaven thing - soz bro

I'm sure that praying for a rotting corpse does a lot of good things for your mental health though

Surely (the ones) who have disbelieved and die (while) they are steadfast disbelievers, upon those is the curse of Allah and the Angels and mankind all together. Quraan 2:161

Just let that sink in shall we?
Original post by Josb
What do you mean?

Youre misguiding OP based upon what you want her to do. Which in this case leave her religion as for you its not satisfying so you want others to suffer with you.
Please dont get ahead of yourself.

Lol
Original post by Josb
So brave from you to hide behind the anonymous function to insult an user...

So brave of you to be biased.
Youre misguiding OP based upon what you want her to do. Which in this case leave her religion as for you its not satisfying so you want others to suffer with you.

Preach
Reply 46

:lolwut:
I'm not suffering. :lol:

....contrary to OP who seems pretty unhappy about her situation, because her religion tells her that the man she loves (and finds perfect) will in fact send her to hell.

"Biased"? how?
It can sink in as much as it like, your authoritatively written storybook isn't what's going to make me feel regrets at 12 am. If it does that to the OP, then it's her loss.

(Btw considering that mankind is majority non-Muslim, I doubt that it's in a position to curse anyone)

Well then we will see wont we when the judges of judges will give punishments accordingly and rightly so.
Reply 48
Because you have only seen that user on this thread the rest of us actually know for a fact he is a TROLL

I have seen mariachi on TSR for more than two years now and he has always demonstrated strong knowledge and arguments. I don't think you know what is the definition of a troll, because it is the exact opposite of him.

In addition, you shouldn't call other users trolls (except in the chat), because you may receive a card for that.

You're being biased, what makes you so sure that your religion is right? because you were brought up with it or because you read it in a book?

I think its perfectly acceptable to weigh all the options including leaving a religion and i have no problem people believing in God nor religion as an agnostic. But i must ask is it true in islam you believe that the prophet Muhammed spit the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse? and if so doesnt that seem a bit misguided and far fetched, i mean not to insult im just curious.

Spoiler

You dont have to be muslim to understand stupidity
I can't believe I i revealed info about being abused for 20 odd years, having no family, very few friends, suffering anxiety and people are using this thread to prove their own points?? I've come here to ask for HELP and everytime I see a response I get hopeful that someone has something helpful to offer me, but no. I get you're self centered and want to get your own point across regardless of another human being's situation, but PLEASE can you target a thread from someone who perhaps has had it a little easier than I have?? FFS
you are ignoring developments in the Islamic Community. To you, it may be bidah (innovation), but for others, it's an essential part of their religion. Don't try to impose your preferences on everyone.

fact is, interfaith couples are on the rise, including for Muslim women

You may wish to have a look at this :
'Halal' interfaith unions rise among UK women
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/12/2012122795639455824.html
while you may disagree with it, this is the reality
best
Original post by Casisalive
What do you want us to say ? You said you dont wear a hijab and dont feel Muslim but only want to marry a Muslim. What do you want random people on the internet to do about your conflicting lack of self worth,if your issues run so deep go see a therapist and work out the problems causing you to feel this way.

i never said i dont feel muslim

i didnt want responses from random people actually, but from other muslims

and a therapist is going to know **** all about my situation, which is, again, why ive asked for replies from other muslims.

thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't believe I i revealed info about being abused for 20 odd years, having no family, very few friends, suffering anxiety and people are using this thread to prove their own points?? I've come here to ask for HELP and everytime I see a response I get hopeful that someone has something helpful to offer me, but no. I get you're self centered and want to get your own point across regardless of another human being's situation, but PLEASE can you target a thread from someone who perhaps has had it a little easier than I have?? FFS
You are perfectly right

well, I've done what was in my possibilities : to inform you about other opinions and other Muslims in your situation

so, bye and best wishes for your future

and a therapist is going to know **** all about my situation, which is, again, why ive asked for replies from other muslims.

thanks.

Fine, go live your "great" life under the control of a book written in a time that has no relation to current events and situations. Im sure that big man in the sky hates you for marrying someone who wont acknowledge his outdated rules, such a benevolent guy.
Hi, sorry for the long back story.

I come from a household of an extremely abusive mother and a father who never did anything to stop it.

A couple years ago, I managed to transfer university and move out, but my family would force me to regularly visit. Just before this, I met my non-Muslim boyfriend on a dating site, who lives in London. I am not from London nor do I go to university there. At this time I was (of course) in a bad place and, although I believed in Allah, I did not really care for religion.

Since being away from the abuse I've found more of a place for Allah in my heart. My boyfriend is almost the perfect man - except for the fact that he is not Muslim. He has good principles and doesn't drink or anything. Since becoming more religious, I've asked him about converting, and he will not consider it. I know I have no future with him.

Recently, I have cut contact with my mother and have stopped visiting my parents.

I am in my final year of university and am planning on moving to London after I have finished precisely because of my entire situation. London is so big and I feel like it will give me a greater chance of meeting friends, a life partner, and starting a new life where I can finally be happy.

I am having breakdowns at this moment because I feel like I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. I find it hard to connect with people. I have only two friends I feel like I really connect with, and then there's my boyfriend. At the age of twenty I've only ever connected with three people. The fact that I now have to only consider Muslim guys for partners has narrowed down my chances of finding another connection by so much. On top of that, I would have to find a Muslim guy who is willing to date, as I would want to be in a relationship with someone before marriage.

I also don't feel like I'm the kind of girl a Muslim guy will want to settle down with. I don't wear hijab and I feel like lot of people will automatically assume I'm not marriage material because of that. Also, I feel like many Muslim guys would want the approval of their parents before marrying someone. What Muslim parents would approve of a girl who has pretty much no ties with her family? I don't want to be used by a guy for fun and then get dumped for someone his parents chose.

I feel like I'm never going to have a connection with a Muslim guy, and my religion does not allow me to be with a non-Muslim, and therefore I see my future being filled with unhappiness and loneliness.

Advice or perspective would be appreciated.

You're chasing happiness and looking for it in people lol. seek happiness within yourself first. You cut ties with your family... what makes you think you wont cut ties with guys u date?

Forget all this bf crap for now and concentrate on your Deen. Make up with your parents too.
Original post by gman999
You're chasing happiness and looking for it in people lol. seek happiness within yourself first. You cut ties with your family... what makes you think you wont cut ties with guys u date?

Forget all this bf crap for now and concentrate on your Deen. Make up with your parents too.

I never fell out with them, so i dont see how i'd 'make up' with them. I saved myself from an abusive environment. thanks.
Reply 58

Considering you said that you weren't a good Muslim, Muslims are going to tell you to be a better Muslim by leaving the guy you love and going back to your parents that hate you.

Surprisingly, they did that.

Non-Muslims will say that you should live and enjoy your life, and stop following a moral code written in the 7th century.

Surprisingly, they did that as well.

Now, it all depends of your priority: going to a heaven that probably does not exist, or enjoying your life. Your choice.

And anonymous people on a student forum will know better about your situation?
Damn I forgot that Heaven thing - soz bro

I'm sure that praying for a rotting corpse does a lot of good things for your mental health though

No worries, now you know. Yeah, i don't think it would be classed as a sin to pray for him if it helped you sleep at night :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending