The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends on your school really - I did my exams at two different centres and at one (the smaller one, fewer results to sort out) I can get my results at 10AM but at the other, not til 11AM. I got a letter telling me times.
SPTheOne
Can ne1 tell me how its gunna happen on alevel results day, as in timings n stuff?
cos i ent got a clu

We have to wait an extra day :frown: as they post them to us, but i will check UCAS to know how I did :cool:
Whats_The_411?
We have to wait an extra day :frown: as they post them to us, but i will check UCAS to know how I did :cool:

Oh my god!! That's shocking!! I would go mad knowing that everyone else knew what they had and seeing all the bloody statistics on the news but not knowing precisely what grades i got!
Reply 4
ye ure coll is bein dred
Reply 5
when do the uni's get our grades?
Reply 6
they get them on wednesday- so they can start deciding if they're gonna accept ppl slightly below their offers, and insurance offers and things
Reply 7
is it possible for us to get em on wed?
Reply 8
i don't think so, i know the colleges do tho- our head of sixth form rings the unis for the people who didn't quite make the grade and if they're still accepting you she puts a postit note on your results sheet saying that its fine and not to worry
Reply 9
i jus found out ma coll givn us results at 11 on 19th
Reply 10
i was under the belief that unis get our results this sunday....well at least ucas get them around that time, there tracker service stops updating quite a few days before results days.
Willla2
i was under the belief that unis get our results this sunday....well at least ucas get them around that time, there tracker service stops updating quite a few days before results days.

Yeah, the UCAS tracker officialy froze yesterday, and wont get updated at all now untill thursday ay 12.01pm, although judging by some of the guys on the Scottish results thread, don't actually expect to see it updated until about 3 or even 4pm!!

Oh and the universities are posted the results this thursday, and the admissions tutors will officially see the results on Monday morning
Reply 12
are you sure about that? because when they stopped the tracker service for scottish results they put up a warning notice in the tracker system saying that it has stopped updating. I just looked on tracker and there is no such warning on there at the moment.
Reply 13
Katie86
i don't think so, i know the colleges do tho- our head of sixth form rings the unis for the people who didn't quite make the grade and if they're still accepting you she puts a postit note on your results sheet saying that its fine and not to worry

Don't think that quite possible for our college (we have 1,000+ people in my year).
Reply 14
lol, we'll we're a sixth form attached to a school, so theres only about 150 students in my year, so i guess that makes it easier for them! my head of sixth form is a saint- i literally was in her office every day asking about uni and my course and interviews and things!
Reply 15
Does no-one elses sixth-form put up everyones results up on a big board for all your subjects at 9am. Thats what mine does, and then we get the slips wth the breakdown of our marks at 11am.
Reply 16
Mad Caddie
Does no-one elses sixth-form put up everyones results up on a big board for all your subjects at 9am. Thats what mine does, and then we get the slips wth the breakdown of our marks at 11am.

YES! Ours does that. They post our candidate numbers and NAMES according to subject on big boards in the hall... they send out our actual results slips the day after :mad:
Mad Caddie

Never heard of that before!
Reply 18
our school used to do it, but people complained and so now they print results out on single a4 sheets, so you just go and ask for your sheet and they go through the metre high piles trying to find it!
Willla2
our school used to do it, but people complained and so now they print results out on single a4 sheets, so you just go and ask for your sheet and they go through the metre high piles trying to find it!

We get ours in an envelope.

Latest

Trending

Trending