The Student Room Group

Change in Circumstances

I was hoping someone could advise on this, my apologies if it has been previously covered - if so please direct me to where!

I'm a final year student and since I was assessed for this current academic year, my circumstances have changed. My household income has decreased by significantly more than 15% (the percentage that SFE advise is necessary for a re-evaluation to take place) and this change is permanent.

My parent has submitted a Current Year Income Assessment, and I'm waiting to hear back from SFE.

My questions are;

1) Will the amount which I am currently supposed to receive in my final loan payment increase as I expect it will (this payment is scheduled for 24th April)?

2) Will any re-assessment be backdated? (This change in circumstance happened before the second loan instalment was paid in January)

3) How long does this process usually take? i.e when can I expect to hear the outcome from SFE?

Many thanks for any help in advance!
Hi
Depending on the drop in the household income this may result in your entitlement increasing. Any additional support you may be entitled to receive would be backdated and you would likely receive an interim payment for any additional amount that should have been paid in the 1st and 2nd instalments and then the final payment would be adjusted to include the additional amount that this instalment should include. With regards to the timescale we would request that you contact us on 0300 100 0607 to check the progress of the completed Current In Year assessment form that you have advised was returned to us recently. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending