The Student Room Group

The only one without a boyfriend

hey, i know this may sound silly but all my housemates are in relationships except me and its making me feel insecure.
I mean i'm not desperate to be in a relationship but it'll be nice if a good guy asked me out, not weird guys who follow me home from uni who i know are only talking to me because im in a dress or looking nicer than usual.
I dunno maybe im just overthinking it, its just im 19 and i haven't had a proper boyfriend yet :/ is that normal?
Reply 1
Nothing wrong with that :h:
Reply 2
how would you want them to ask you out? a club or just a random guy asking for your number?
Totally feel your pain sweetie! All my housemates and course friends are in relationships so things like Valentine's Day get awkward when the entire crowd bar you has something to say about their day. I've always struggled with this feeling of loneliness when surrounded by couples and often wonder if there's something wrong with me and why none of the guys I like will date me. But you know what? If we just wait, I bet one day someone will knock us of our feet. Getting to that stage where I'm realising there's so much more to life than being in a relationship. Concentrate on your uni work, getting a job, being more active by playing sports or joining more societies...nothing wrong with meeting new people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
19 is normal to have not found a boyfriend yet. Instead of waiting, maybe you could initiate something?
Original post by Katieroo
hey, i know this may sound silly but all my housemates are in relationships except me and its making me feel insecure.
I mean i'm not desperate to be in a relationship but it'll be nice if a good guy asked me out, not weird guys who follow me home from uni who i know are only talking to me because im in a dress or looking nicer than usual.
I dunno maybe im just overthinking it, its just im 19 and :/ is that normal?

"i haven't had a proper boyfriend yet"

Lol I am in my 20's and have never even kissed a girl. Trust me there are people who are in a more *****ier position than your in op.

I guess as a woman you just have to wait for the right guy, or you could settle for less. As a guy I stand no chance if I don't do anything and even if I do I stand a huge chance of rejection.

btw you are normal, I know (a few) people in their 20's who are single, your only 19 dw.
Same here.
It's kinda lonely
No one really gets the 100% one. But no one has to die alone, at least. I don't frankly believe in love. For me it's just some psychological need that's inbuilt into humans. After all we are driven by our inner desires to fulfill something that's always empty. So dont be down just because u don't have a boy friend or girl friend. Just find a good caring nerdy friend who give caring and effection to you and don't complicate things.
You're fine, I'd start to worry when you've reached my age and never had a boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's completely normal and you're fine.

You're only 19 anyway, so you have plenty of time to be in a relationship with someone you like. There's also speed dating, online dating, joining clubs out of interest etc.

Like UWS stated, perhaps you could initiate the first move?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending