The Student Room Group

Moving from Part-Time to Full-Time

Hi,

I've been studying part-time for the past 3 years with Open University, but would love to study full-time. I have had tuition fees paid by Student Finance these past three years, and have not gained a qualification so far.

I've been inquiring about transferring to my local university, and it appears that they don't do the same course as what I am studying now, so I will have to start from year one on a new one.

I am unsure how my past studies will affect my ability to receive tuition and maintenance loans for the entire course.

I am looking at a 3 BSc, but there is also an option of a 4 year Integrated Masters which I may consider if I would receive funding.

Thank you!
Original post by GreenRose
Hi,

I've been studying part-time for the past 3 years with Open University, but would love to study full-time. I have had tuition fees paid by Student Finance these past three years, and have not gained a qualification so far.

I've been inquiring about transferring to my local university, and it appears that they don't do the same course as what I am studying now, so I will have to start from year one on a new one.

I am unsure how my past studies will affect my ability to receive tuition and maintenance loans for the entire course.

I am looking at a 3 BSc, but there is also an option of a 4 year Integrated Masters which I may consider if I would receive funding.

Thank you!

Both should be fine - part time study without a qualification awarded is not asked to be declared in your finance application - so you'd be considered as if you were starting with no previous study
Original post by GreenRose
Hi,

Thank you!

Hi GreenRose

As long as this was your only previous study and no qualification was gained, you will be eligible for full funding to complete a full time course.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending