The Student Room Group

Part time study on a full time course

So it's looking like I may be moving from full time to part time study on a full time course. I'd be repeating foundation year modules, having earned 60 out of 120 credits, and then after that moving to full time if I progress the course

How would this be seen by student finance? Will it affect my funding at all and entitlement to full time study funding? All I'm getting from my teachers is that it 'may' affect funding
Original post by Wolfe17
So it's looking like I may be moving from full time to part time study on a full time course. I'd be repeating foundation year modules, having earned 60 out of 120 credits, and then after that moving to full time if I progress the course

How would this be seen by student finance? Will it affect my funding at all and entitlement to full time study funding? All I'm getting from my teachers is that it 'may' affect funding

Hi there, is it one year of repeat you're doing at a part time level? If so, you'd still apply as a full time student as your course is still classed as a full time one.

Are you going to be in attendance for the year and how many years have you previously studied since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, is it one year of repeat you're doing at a part time level? If so, you'd still apply as a full time student as your course is still classed as a full time one.

Are you going to be in attendance for the year and how many years have you previously studied since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason

Yes I will be in attendance for the year, I've had 2 years of study on this same course, both doing the same year
This would be my second repeat of the year , I've applied for CPR for an extra year of funding.
Original post by Wolfe17
Yes I will be in attendance for the year, I've had 2 years of study on this same course, both doing the same year
This would be my second repeat of the year , I've applied for CPR for an extra year of funding.

Hi there, it would then still be classed as a full time application and not part time.

If you've applied for CPR then you'll be notified once it's processed. This does take 20 working days at the moment to process. Please note timescales are estimates and subject to change. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending