The Student Room Group

When is the right time to get a girlfriend???

I turn 16 in August and I have begun to get the urges (you know what I mean). I am wondering if 16 is the right time to start looking for a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

No, what urges do you mean?
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
No, what urges do you mean?

(For the sake of modesty)

Spoiler

4:30pm
Reply 4
Original post by RetroDisco789

Spoiler

That's... not normal. You should see a doctor about that
Reply 5
Whenever you're ready. If you're asking, then you're probably not.

Spoiler

No, thats disgusting- keep that stuff to yourself
I turn 16 in August and I have begun to get the urges (you know what I mean). I am wondering if 16 is the right time to start looking for a girlfriend?

looking for? its not that simple :facepalm2:

Well my I find that quite often I get an erection and get an urge to rub said erect penis until I ejeculate.... Do you not get these???

(edited 7 years ago)
As far away from Valentines day as physically possible.
Original post by GUMI
That's... not normal. You should see a doctor about that

Haha It's a talent!
Original post by Retired_Messiah
As far away from Valentines day as physically possible.

so feb 15th?

Spoiler

I spat out my drink while reading this, god damn troll xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
so feb 15th?

Yeah

Spoiler

I had my 1st gf when I was 4 bruv...there is no right time to get one, there is a right time for having a child though

Play safe fam
Why get a gf when you can have some fun :tongue: date a girl/s first, then when you are ready and feeling comfortable get into a relationship. As long as everyone is open in their intentions then that is what I would do and tell my younger self. Relationships are amazing things, however you need to be in the right place and content in your own life
Original post by TrapsterJ

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I missed that one smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry I didn't mean to come across as a troll lol!
No sorry I didn't mean to come across as a troll lol!

lol I'm messing man, I just thought it was funny.

In terms of your problem, there is no right time to be in a relationship. Relationships now a days seem to be presented as ways of progression or being superior to someone who isn't in in, but as anyone in one will tell you it isn't and it's a great feeling to know a person likes things about you enough to make them public through the term "boyfriend/girlfriend."

There is no rush to find someone, and relationships can only really come about when you're friends with someone at first. If you want to increase your chances then hit the gym, make some gains, wear nice clothes, all that stuff and you'll get noticed.

I'm going to assume you're heterosexual so don't get all SJW on me, but one strange way to imagine it is as if one of your male good friends who you've known for ages suddenly turns to you and says he wants to be with you romantically. Hypothetically that's the kinda state you wanna be at with someone who could be potential, just change it round to a girl instead of a guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol I'm messing man, I just thought it was funny.

In terms of your problem, there is no right time to be in a relationship. Relationships now a days seem to be presented as ways of progression or being superior to someone who isn't in in, but as anyone in one will tell you it isn't and it's a great feeling to know a person likes things about you enough to make them public through the term "boyfriend/girlfriend."

There is no rush to find someone, and relationships can only really come about when you're friends with someone at first. If you want to increase your chances then hit the gym, make some gains, wear nice clothes, all that stuff and you'll get noticed.

I'm going to assume you're heterosexual so don't get all SJW on me, but one strange way to imagine it is as if one of your male good friends who you've known for ages suddenly turns to you and says he wants to be with you romantically. Hypothetically that's the kinda state you wanna be at with someone who could be potential, just change it round to a girl instead of a guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! So your saying a girl I have known for years could be a potential partner???
Thanks! So your saying a girl I have known for years could be a potential partner???

Well a typical love story says that's how it could be. If your 16 then keep in mind you'll be leaving for college or whatever you plan to do after GCSEs and so most people you met in your time at secondary school you won't see as much of it not at all, so I think either make the most of your time left or just wait until college. If there's one thing I can suggest before you leave for college is to get on everyone's, i mean everyone's good sides, so even if that snapchats or whatever you still wanna have people to talk to, even girls. Just keep it casual though and maybe someone might stand out through all that, but I'm just saying be ready for when your secondary school life ends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending