The Student Room Group

I think I have a crush on my work colleague who left 2 months ago

I started my first job recently and I worked with this girl who was probably the most nicest girl I've ever met. I liked her from the first day. She was really kind and friendly. Basically everything I like in a person, she was the one. She texted me the other day when I got an award at work. I never gave her my number so she must've got it from the boss. We didn't text each other much apart from work related questions but I once told her that you're really nice and my favourite but her response was what about others which made me feel a bit strange. 2 weeks later she told me she's leaving soon as she's got a new job. I was so shocked as she never talked about leaving her current job. She's been working for 2 years and I only been here for a month. On the day before she left, I gave her a farewell card and chocolates. In the card I wrote my feelings for her which said that you're a great person who is very kind and supportive and I enjoyed working with you and I also told her you look beautiful smiling and wished her many success in here future. I had expected her to text me saying thanks but she never did. It's been 2 months now since she left and we haven't texted each other at all. I did once text her a week after she left about hows her new job but she took a whole day to reply. The problem is, I feel so alone and bored at work without her because everyone isn't as nice as she was and I'm always imagining her coming back to work one day which I doubt will ever happen. She also has a boyfriend is a very sociable person so I doubt she even remembers me now. I'm trying to forget her and move on but I can't help myself unless I get a new job elsewhere and meet new people but I won't be doing that anytime soon. Please help, what should I do? Could it be her boyfriend did not like my farewell letter and told her to not say thanks to me?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I started my first job recently and I worked with this girl who was probably the most nicest girl I've ever met. I liked her from the first day. She was really kind and friendly. Basically everything I like in a person, she was the one. She texted me the other day when I got an award at work. I never gave her my number so she must've got it from the boss. We didn't text each other much apart from work related questions but I once told her that you're really nice and my favourite but her response was what about others which made me feel a bit strange. 2 weeks later she told me she's leaving soon as she's got a new job. I was so shocked as she never talked about leaving her current job. She's been working for 2 years and I only been here for a month. On the day before she left, I gave her a farewell card and chocolates. In the card I wrote my feelings for her which said that you're a great person who is very kind and supportive and I enjoyed working with you and I also told her you look beautiful smiling and wished her many success in here future. I had expected her to text me saying thanks but she never did. It's been 2 months now since she left and we haven't texted each other at all. I did once text her a week after she left about hows her new job but she took a whole day to reply. The problem is, I feel so alone and bored at work without her because everyone isn't as nice as she was and I'm always imagining her coming back to work one day which I doubt will ever happen. She also has a boyfriend is a very sociable person so I doubt she even remembers me now. I'm trying to forget her and move on but I can't help myself unless I get a new job elsewhere and meet new people but I won't be doing that anytime soon. Please help, what should I do? Could it be her boyfriend did not like my farewell letter and told her to not say thanks to me?

The problem is that you ended up liking someone who did not like you back. I do not think her boyfriend told her not to say thanks to you. It was her choice because she has no romantic interest in you. Since she has a boyfriend, of course she is unable to reciprocate your feelings; were she interested in you, she would probably have broken up with her boyfriend by now.

By the sound of it, you are idealising her as being the nicest and all that, which does not surprise me, given that you fell in love with her.

There is really no solution to this besides moving on. Try to meet other people and if it helps you at work, focus on the good qualities of those you work with currently as well. She is not coming back, so try to build a better relationship with your other co-workers. Try to keep busy so as not to think about her.

Soon, you will forget about her and find another person to love. That might seem like a stretch right now, but it will definitely happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending