The Student Room Group

How easy is it to be attractive as a guy?

For girls, its pretty easy as you can be short and ugly but you wear makeup and youre easily a 5/10.

But for guys, you need to be tall, muscular/good body with decent facial features (like hair/eyes/jawline/skin or all of those) as you cant wear makeup etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say anyone with a low bodyfat, decent style and some muscle can be sufficiently attractive. That takes a year or less at most at the gym. Up to you if you consider that hard or easy.
I think them having to win the genetic lottery is a big part of it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
For girls, its pretty easy as you can be short and ugly but you wear makeup and youre easily a 5/10.

delusional
Would you like some fries with that salt?
Dunno. Never succeeded at being attractive. I do however succeed at being a hairy, grumpy cave dweller lookalike so that's something I guess :P
Confidence helps a lot, i've seen guys who make me look skinny by comparison with girlfriends.
Reply 7
Filters
Reply 8
It is much harder to be a physically attractive men. If you are a young woman without any glaring imperfections you will probably find it very easy to get casual sex and boyfriends - provided you are not too picky.

I'm decent looking but I'd still have to spend my life in the gym to get as much attention as a 4/10 girl.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
It is much harder to be a physically attractive men. If you are a young woman without any glaring imperfections you will probably find it very easy to get casual sex and boyfriends - provided you are not too picky.

I'm decent looking but I'd still have to spend my life in the gym to get as much attention as a 4/10 girl.

You sure about that? I think even going to the gym is a good start as most guys still don't. If you're in good shape alone and have decent style and grooming, like taking care of grooming ect i think anyone can be a average 5/10. Only people with like glaring imperfections (You can decide on what these are) could really be considered unattractive.
You sure about that? I think even going to the gym is a good start as most guys still don't. If you're in good shape alone and have decent style and grooming, like taking care of grooming ect i think anyone can be a average 5/10. Only people with like glaring imperfections (You can decide on what these are) could really be considered unattractive.

I'm probably around a 7/10 now. Or not far off.

Even if I got totally ripped I still wouldn't have as many romantic or sexual options as an average looking girl. Big difference.
But for guys, you need to be tall, muscular/good body with decent facial features (like hair/eyes/jawline/skin or all of those)

:u:
I'm probably around a 7/10 now. Or not far off.

Even if I got totally ripped I still wouldn't have as many romantic or sexual options as an average looking girl. Big difference.

That's just biology unfortunately. Men are biologically more horny and thus the amount of men in the market for men exceeds the amount of women, and thus it's more essy for women. Doesn't necessarily mean we are less attractive to them, just that women desire sex less.

Can't recall the exact explanation just know, but there's a biological/evolutionary reason which you can look up.
If you enjoy working out then it's pretty easy.

If you don't enjoy it then it's hard lol.
all you need is confidence, I'm probably like a 6/10 I look pretty average but its easy to pull. its 99% confidence 1% looks.
Not too get too scientific but men can reproduce whenever, where as women can't, so men go to women. One man could impregnate two women in a day which means he impregnates 738 women in 9 months roughly, where as one woman can only have one kid in 9 months. This would mean we only need one man for every 738 women, but of course that's not true, the gender ratio is roughly 1:1 hence the men have to sort of fight for the women, at least that's what nature has always been like. Of course as humans we don't think 'WE MUST MATE', but that natural instinct to fight for the women is still there, and for women it's to look for the strongest man.
Hey guys, Micheal here...

Anyway, when I got a girlfriend, I was the leader of my social group and pretty fit, however not very good looking. I reckon that had something to do with getting together as I was confident, popular and fit, hence what's wrong with me? Anyway we got together and are personalities were similar so we've been together for three years. Up to you to decide whether she got with my for my personality or the other things.

Now after her and I went to college, we left the old group behind in sixth form, my best friend took over as leader and despite him not being very fit, but better looking than me, he has been in two relationships since, yet never went near a girl before I left, infact he did but practically stared at the girl he liked and never talked to her despite her also being in the same group,

Since then I've had many other friends who have tried to find women, however have never had any luck, another friend of mine, not so good looking or fit and not popular or confident had tried with six women, however it has never worked out for him.

I'll say the phrase 'good men come last' has legitimacy, many of my friends have been beaten by other men who are in my eyes, horrible. However they had something such as a degree of popularity that my friend didn't have.

I'm happy with a girl who I enjoy company with and is happy to have me, good looks and popularity are low on my list. When I see my girlfriend without makeup on, I don't think 'Disgusting', I think that she is just as amazing as always. However she says I must think she is ugly. Makes me think if all women are worried about the unimportant things.

Sorry, I went off on a rant, basically if you want to be attractive as a man, try to be popular even if it means changing your own person, work out regularly and get a high roll on height and natural body weight in the genetics minigame at the start of your life, rub moisturizer on your face daily or again roll high in the genetics minigame, and be a rebel who stands up against anyone.

Tl;dr Pretty damn hard
Original post by Thomazo
That's just biology unfortunately. Men are biologically more horny and thus the amount of men in the market for men exceeds the amount of women, and thus it's more essy for women. Doesn't necessarily mean we are less attractive to them, just that women desire sex less.

Can't recall the exact explanation just know, but there's a biological/evolutionary reason which you can look up.

I suppose from a biological perspective, each woman has inherent value because of their ability to reproduce. This is obviously not the case for men. Nature doesn't need nearly as many men as women.

I think in general men are less attractive to women tbh. Plenty of evidence to suggest they are much less visual.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Thomazo

We are though

Original post by difeo
We are though

Well I was wrong then
I suppose from a biological perspective, each woman has inherent value because of their ability to reproduce. This is obviously not the case for men. Nature doesn't need nearly as many men as women.

I think in general men are less attractive to women tbh. Plenty of evidence to suggest they are much less visual.

Imo its pretty hard. I have good genetics, im tall and athletic, and i've got good facial features (strong jawline, grooming, and nice eyes and nice hair). Girls look at me quite often but my face just doesn't overall look pleasing. I dont know why but if youre a girl conscious about her appearance, its quite hard not to look attractive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending