The Student Room Group

Was I right to delete her?

Scroll to see replies

If you think the girl was playing games, you are flattering yourself. I don't think she thought of you that much as to put effort into playing "mind games".

She was probably just busy with living her life.

Or sometimes a conversation has to end somewhere. I don't have time for people who drag out one conversation day after day, after day, in the end you find yourself just forgetting to reply. And then a few days later you might feel like talking again. It hasn't got to be full on, constant communication...

So, I highly doubt she was playing "mind games", she probably just didn't feel like having a continuous conversation. No crime. You acted rashly and quite immature tbh. Learn from your mistake and move on.
Can't you save messages on snapchat and then reply later?
People can't reply 24/7 lol
lol... i have a bad habit of unfollowing people or unfriending them or deleting them off stuff when they maybe do something i dont like that pisses me off. i need to stop that. it's overreacting
You're all making great points about acting harshly etc and I take that on board. Ultimately, If i went back in time I'd do the same thing because I can't deal with lukewarmness and people who don't know intentions. Also I don't think I mentioned the pictures of her with other people calling them 'bae' and posting memes with stuff like 'one day you'll find the one' blah blah. Finally to get one thing very clear, I am not jealous at all. If she made it clear to me that she doesn't want to interact that would be cool. What I don't like is the mixed signals.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
You're all making great points about acting harshly etc and I take that on board. Ultimately, If i went back in time I'd do the same thing because I can't deal with lukewarmness and people who don't know intentions. Also I don't think I mentioned the pictures of her with other people calling them 'bae' and posting memes with stuff like 'one day you'll find the one' blah blah. Finally to get one thing very clear, I am not jealous at all. If she made it clear to me that she doesn't want to interact that would be cool. What I don't like is the mixed signals.

I agree man, it can really **** with your head too. You don't know weather you're coming or going, if it's off or on.

I remember once a girl was being tortoise like with the messages and downright evasive .. so finally I had enough and text her saying that: "you don't seem to text back, i think i get the message, good luck with everything, cya............"

then I deleted her from social media.

I thought that was the end of it, ...but then a full week later she contacts me apologising with a bunch of excuses. We did end up meeting up again, but eventually I had to cut her off due to her games. I disagree with TwinPeaks [nothing new there lol], ..there are girls out there who will literally keep you on a sub bench indefinitely as some sort of backup guy if you don't cut them off. There are girls who will not level with you or tell you the score until they're firmly luved up with a new partner.., and then suddenly they'll discard you like an empty tin can and silently delete you from facebook.

If things arn't moving forward with a girl and she's messing around, for your own mental health it's just better to next her.
You could have just asked her what was going on first? But tbh I don't think it's wrong of you to delete her if she was blanking you
Reply 26
Here's my advice in a situation like this. First time she doesn't reply for gods sake don't call her out on it. It just makes you look so insecure and only harms your chances. Anyway first time she doesn't reply leave 24 hours before messaging her again as perhaps she simply doesn't feel like talking or something else has come up,it happens. If she doesn't reply to that message leave it a week and message her again and if she likes you she will reply. Then if your really desperate leave it a month then message. Unlikely she would reply at this point but yeah. If she hasn't replied at this point you forget about her though don't block her as you never know what might happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending