The Student Room Group

Living costs

Hello,

I am an EU continuing student who is studying in London and not living with parents.

I have been living in the UK for more than three years before the start of my course.

Can I still apply for loans and grants to help with the living costs - Maintenance Loan or Grant?

If so, then could you tell me how to apply?
Original post by Padi94
Hello,

I am an EU continuing student who is studying in London and not living with parents.

I have been living in the UK for more than three years before the start of my course.

Can I still apply for loans and grants to help with the living costs - Maintenance Loan or Grant?

If you started after September 2016, it has to be 5 years before the start of your course.
Reply 2
Technically, by taking into account my 3 years at Harrow College, then 1 year at UCA Farnham, and now my current study at Middlesex University, which started last October and will last for 3 more years - I believe all that should prove sufficient following this requirement.

Thus, could you please tell me how do I apply for either Maintenance Loan or Grant?
Original post by Padi94
Hello,

Hi Padi94,

As an EU student to be eligible to apply for maintenance loan you must meet the following criteria.
Be resident in the UK for 5 year Prior to the Start of your Course or If you have been working in the UK while you have been studying and can show it is of an effective and genuine level and can show that you can support yourself financially. You must also be working continuously throughout your studies.Then you maybe eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker student and receive maintenance loan.
If you think that you may meet any of the above criteria and wish to apply for maintenance loan you should submit a PN1 form with the following evidence.
Original ID
Employment contract
Last 3 months payslips
Most recent P60.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending