The Student Room Group

Universities have your exam results now....

Scroll to see replies

I just feel sick to my stomach and like I'm about to cry
I know I've missed my grade in history (I'm not being humble, I know in my heart of hearts that I’ve missed the grade, my essays weren’t good enough and it’s not going to be the grade I want). I just hope my uni will take it, if not I have three failure plans (1. Clearing and beg each and every university I can, 2. Open University course, 3. Take an additional a level if history is really as bad as I think (I was planning on teaching myself and sitting exams in June, if my sixth form would allow me to), or just wallowing in despair for a few weeks/months), I just hate the fact that people know what I have and I don’t, but I also like that at the moment I still think I have a chance of getting into uni
Original post by hamzakalinle
Eww I feel so exposed. That just equates to espionage should be illegal if you ask me😕

Ucas and the universities expect you to withdraw your application if you're not taking a place.
Reply 42
Morning all! Random urgent query: Is it possible to be accepted for a course through clearing and defer your entry until the following year?
Original post by DipoTWB
Morning all! Random urgent query: Is it possible to be accepted for a course through clearing and defer your entry until the following year?

Have you already applied for deferred entry? If not, it might be better for you to withdraw altogether and apply next year, but I’m not an expert so don’t take what I say as anything more than an opinion :smile:
Pounding the treadmill at the gym .....too much nervous energy
Wednesday night will be tricky to sleep ...
Original post by robinhood111
I'm so excited and anxious at the same damn time😭😭😭😭
How is everyone killing time ?
Original post by DipoTWB

It's possible but it's a pain for the universities concerned to sort. So many will refuse.
Reply 46
Original post by PQ
It's possible but it's a pain for the universities concerned to sort. So many will refuse.

oh gawd......well, thanks for the reply. :redface:
Reply 47
Original post by JessThomas6
Have you already applied for deferred entry? If not, it might be better for you to withdraw altogether and apply next year, but I’m not an expert so don’t take what I say as anything more than an opinion :smile:

Thank you for the quick reply! I haven't applied for deferred entry but is my main intention now, as I've got an apprenticeship-filled gap year lined up. I have managed to defer my firm conditional offer, but if I don't make it i'm now almost certain they won't accept me again through clearing :s-smilie:
Original post by DipoTWB
Thank you for the quick reply! I haven't applied for deferred entry but is my main intention now, as I've got an apprenticeship-filled gap year lined up. I have managed to defer my firm conditional offer, but if I don't make it i'm now almost certain they won't accept me again through clearing :s-smilie:

I think your best option would be to wait for the results, you never know what will happen, and then speak to your sixth form/college. But if you don’t meet your offer, I would personally withdraw from the process altogether, go on your apprenticeship and re-apply with UCAS in the next academic year, with universities that will accept your grades. In that year, you may also find that while doing your apprenticeship, you decide that is what you want to keep doing, so the extra year gives you some flexibility. Like it’s been said before, clearing is really for applicants who want to get a place then and now, and applying for deferred entry will take up a lot of time which will then take help away from people who need places then - so withdrawing and re-applying may be your best choice
God im so depressed about results day. I've turned to clothes therapy, looking through clothes I want to buy online. I feel like I'm going to waste a lot of money, I'm not even a fashionable person what am I doing :colondollar:
Good luck, everyone. Remember to use us for all the help and support you need. :smile:
Reply 51
Hmm.. that is a very sound piece of info about clearing there Jess! I always assumed it was simply the default step but I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you !!!!:biggrin:
Original post by JessThomas6
I think your best option would be to wait for the results, you never know what will happen, and then speak to your sixth form/college. But if you don’t meet your offer, I would personally withdraw from the process altogether, go on your apprenticeship and re-apply with UCAS in the next academic year, with universities that will accept your grades. In that year, you may also find that while doing your apprenticeship, you decide that is what you want to keep doing, so the extra year gives you some flexibility. Like it’s been said before, clearing is really for applicants who want to get a place then and now, and applying for deferred entry will take up a lot of time which will then take help away from people who need places then - so withdrawing and re-applying may be your best choice
Reply 52
good lord... that avatar is garish... didn't think it would become so Pronounced. Apologies all :colondollar:
Original post by DipoTWB
Hmm.. that is a very sound piece of info about clearing there Jess! I always assumed it was simply the default step but I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you !!!!:biggrin:
Original post by DipoTWB

The funny thing is I have no clue what is going to happen to me if I don’t meet my offer haha… You’re welcome!
Reply 54
Thank you for your insight PQ, much appreciated now I better understand the importance clearing may have for 2017 entrants.
Original post by PQ
Original post by DipoTWB
oh gawd......well, thanks for the reply. :redface:

There's no harm in asking:smile:
Literally working and partying all the way to results day:laugh:

Saturday: Work and then friend's 18th
Sunday: Recovery/Hangover
Monday: Work
Tuesday: Work in the morning..then more work 10pm-7am
Wednesday: Sleeping after that shift!!
Thursday: Cry, work, then party!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DipoTWB

Why would you want to do that when you can just make a fresh application in September with your grades already confirmed - that way you'll receive an unconditional offer ready for September 2018.

Good luck for Thursday :smile:

Original post by aleksceramics

Thursday: Cry

I think working is good, it definitely took my mind off waiting!!

You will be absolutely fine :crossedf: What course/unihave you firmed?
Original post by aleksceramics

Thursday: Cry

I’m working up until Tuesday, then on Wednesday

I think I’m going to be an absolute mess at work, i’ll be so distracted D:
Original post by She-Ra
Why would you want to do that when you can just make a fresh application in September with your grades already confirmed - that way you'll receive an unconditional offer ready for September 2018.

Good luck for Thursday :smile:

I think working is good, it definitely took my mind off waiting!!

You will be absolutely fine :crossedf: What course/unihave you firmed?

Definitely does!
I've firmed KCL for psychology :smile: How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending