The Student Room Group

I get weird attention from girls..

I was starting to notice it a little but a friend pointed it out and it made sense, I get 'weird' attention from girls,
Usually they don't really show interest at first, or I'm oblivious to them, but after that they make it very obvious.

I mean girls just being nice and friendly, or barely talking to me and then they're flirting like their lives depend on it.

I remember a girl I 'knew to see' was out one night and I noticed her, I called her over and she was being nice, just talking but acting very formal, like she finished the conversation with a handshake.

Less than a half an hour later I walk past her (same place I was just moving seat, her and her friends had moved from the dance floor) and she literally grabbed my collar and yanked backwards, then pulled me onto her,
She sort of stopped for awhile and then messingly covered my mouth with her fingers and just moved her hand onto my chest..

The last night I was out a girl who I had only met a handful of times (and who has semi pro rugby player boyfriend) saw me, I was with my friends near her and she put her hand on top of my head, then she sort of turned me around and started talking 'saying how she remembers me and she bets that I have no idea who she is', I told her I knew her and she knew my housemates.. she was being very flirty, Touching my face, holding her hand under my chin, running her nails along my cheekbones and then pushing me away and walking closer..

I mean when I talked to her before she was getting angry because I was intentionally calling her the wrong name (like Gemma instead of Emma) because I was drunk and it was funny but we weren't really friends.. I hadn't talked to her at all since then and that was like 3 or 4 months ago and yet she was like that when I met her out.

As well as that a lot of younger girls are showing interest in me, I'm 20 and they're 17 or so, I've been asked for photos, I've had people I knew of say hi just because they saw me across the far side of the bar or people acting really friendly all of a sudden.
Or girls with thousands of followers following me back with my 4 IG posts.. and they don't follow my friends, some are a similar age to my brother and he's been asked about me even though he goes to a different school and they aren't friends, or he'll say oh '..' saw you in '...' story and I'll have to ask who the first person is and who's story.. it's weird.

Just basically girls being normal first time I meet them, and then acting really weird after that, I've had a girl flash me in the smoking area, I girl who I knew. I don't know what to do it may sound all fine and good but I get approached when I'm with other girls, or people think theres something going on between us, and then it's me and a number of them and I end up getting a bad reputation.. simple little remarks like 'oh but you're quite popular if you know what I mean, no lack of attention'.
Its weird and I can't talk to my friends about it. They just joke about it.
This is weird, right?

I mean I'm normal, I'm 5'9, ok looking, I'm in college, I also sing and post cover videos online, I maybe get a 100-500 likes.. and that's it, I'm not famous and there are more successful people than me..
What do you make of it all?
Reply 1
i think you love yourself.
loads.
Reply 2
yea same.
hate it when this happens but u know, life
amirite
xd
Mate, what the **** are you asking us for?....Just f****ng smash already!
Original post by Anonymous
I was starting to notice it a little but a friend pointed it out and it made sense, I get 'weird' attention from girls,
Usually they don't really show interest at first, or I'm oblivious to them, but after that they make it very obvious.

I mean girls just being nice and friendly, or barely talking to me and then they're flirting like their lives depend on it.

I remember a girl I 'knew to see' was out one night and I noticed her, I called her over and she was being nice, just talking but acting very formal, like she finished the conversation with a handshake.

Less than a half an hour later I walk past her (same place I was just moving seat, her and her friends had moved from the dance floor) and she literally grabbed my collar and yanked backwards, then pulled me onto her,
She sort of stopped for awhile and then messingly covered my mouth with her fingers and just moved her hand onto my chest..

The last night I was out a girl who I had only met a handful of times (and who has semi pro rugby player boyfriend) saw me, I was with my friends near her and she put her hand on top of my head, then she sort of turned me around and started talking 'saying how she remembers me and she bets that I have no idea who she is', I told her I knew her and she knew my housemates.. she was being very flirty, Touching my face, holding her hand under my chin, running her nails along my cheekbones and then pushing me away and walking closer..

I mean when I talked to her before she was getting angry because I was intentionally calling her the wrong name (like Gemma instead of Emma) because I was drunk and it was funny but we weren't really friends.. I hadn't talked to her at all since then and that was like 3 or 4 months ago and yet she was like that when I met her out.

As well as that a lot of younger girls are showing interest in me, I'm 20 and they're 17 or so, I've been asked for photos, I've had people I knew of say hi just because they saw me across the far side of the bar or people acting really friendly all of a sudden.
Or girls with thousands of followers following me back with my 4 IG posts.. and they don't follow my friends, some are a similar age to my brother and he's been asked about me even though he goes to a different school and they aren't friends, or he'll say oh '..' saw you in '...' story and I'll have to ask who the first person is and who's story.. it's weird.

Just basically girls being normal first time I meet them, and then acting really weird after that, I've had a girl flash me in the smoking area, I girl who I knew. I don't know what to do it may sound all fine and good but I get approached when I'm with other girls, or people think theres something going on between us, and then it's me and a number of them and I end up getting a bad reputation.. simple little remarks like 'oh but you're quite popular if you know what I mean, no lack of attention'.
Its weird and I can't talk to my friends about it. They just joke about it.
This is weird, right?

I mean I'm normal, I'm 5'9, ok looking, I'm in college, I also sing and post cover videos online, I maybe get a 100-500 likes.. and that's it, I'm not famous and there are more successful people than me..
What do you make of it all?

U know they like you... and they want to bang you.. just get on with it
Reply 5
Original post by Joel 96
i think you love yourself.
loads.

Haha you wouldn't think that if you knew what I was like, I've struggled a lot with mental health over the years, I find it hard to like myself let alone love myself.

I'm not asking just so I can hear nice things about myself.
It's not a good thing either, on paper it seems like it but in reality it's a like none of them are being genuine, that they don't show interest and then they do, they act all normal and then it comes out of nowhere.

It's not random girls it's just girls I'm somewhat friendly with.
Reply 6
Original post by InDeathIsLife
Mate, what the **** are you asking us for?....Just f****ng smash already!

Some of them I personally don't find attractive, others have boyfriends.
This happens when I'm already with a girl, like I could be holding hands with someone and then they'll come over and sit beside me and start talking and flirting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending