The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reason for migraines

everyone. i can use abit of advice as i am stuck and cant figure out what to do. So in 2015/2016 i was enrolled on a 4 years degree. Which is 1 year foundation year mathematics and if u pass u progress to a 3 year degree of mathematics. I passed foundation year with 86 percent. and i decided to change uni to do my 3 years of mathematics. During my january exams my grandma fell seriously ill and i couldnt concentrate on exams. and she passed away in february. my mother in law was very close to her and she fell ill and i had really stressful time for the rest of year. as i was looking after her. i am not on any papers as her carer as i didnt needed any funds or needed to claim anything. she is diabetic and arthiritus patient so cooking and cleaning for her and something staying there for weeks. i couldnt concentrate on my studies and i failed the year. u can imagine how hard it was. Now i have got place in my old uni to repeat my first year coz of my good grades. but as i have already used 2 years of tution fee funding i need to pay for first year. I cant afford to pay myself. i really want to get degree and finish my studies and go into teaching. When circumstances were good i got good results. I want to apply for compelling personal reasons to get funding for whole 3 years but i have no evidence of caring for my mother in law. i have only got death certificate of my grandma. can someone please advice me what to do.
Original post by Aily M
everyone. i can use abit of advice as i am stuck and cant figure out what to do. So in 2015/2016 i was enrolled on a 4 years degree. Which is 1 year foundation year mathematics and if u pass u progress to a 3 year degree of mathematics. I passed foundation year with 86 percent. and i decided to change uni to do my 3 years of mathematics. During my january exams my grandma fell seriously ill and i couldnt concentrate on exams. and she passed away in february. my mother in law was very close to her and she fell ill and i had really stressful time for the rest of year. as i was looking after her. i am not on any papers as her carer as i didnt needed any funds or needed to claim anything. she is diabetic and arthiritus patient so cooking and cleaning for her and something staying there for weeks. i couldnt concentrate on my studies and i failed the year. u can imagine how hard it was. Now i have got place in my old uni to repeat my first year coz of my good grades. but as i have already used 2 years of tution fee funding i need to pay for first year. I cant afford to pay myself. i really want to get degree and finish my studies and go into teaching. When circumstances were good i got good results. I want to apply for compelling personal reasons to get funding for whole 3 years but i have no evidence of caring for my mother in law. i have only got death certificate of my grandma. can someone please advice me what to do.

You can submit the death certificate and if you can get it any evidence about how that death affected you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending