The Student Room Group

Didn't realise I had to re-apply for Student Finance - now I'm stuck

I am a mature student, working almost full time whilst not at uni so not much socializing with the younger students and none of my family have been to uni (I’m actually estranged from a lot of them, so little support).

I didn’t realise that I had to reapply for student finance (this is now my second year) and I’ve just been invoiced for the 9k for my second year (I thought it was automatic and had no prompting).

What can I do?

Obviously I will apply now but will my uni accept it?

Is there any way if I apply now I will receive it on time (my unis website states that the payment date for the first installment is 25th October).

If not, will I have to pay my uni a late fee and how much does this tend to be or could I be kicked off the course?

I’m SO panicked right now.
Original post by J_89
I am a mature student, working almost full time whilst not at uni so not much socializing with the younger students and none of my family have been to uni (I’m actually estranged from a lot of them, so little support).

I didn’t realise that I had to reapply for student finance (this is now my second year) and I’ve just been invoiced for the 9k for my second year (I thought it was automatic and had no prompting).

What can I do?

Obviously I will apply now but will my uni accept it?

Is there any way if I apply now I will receive it on time (my unis website states that the payment date for the first installment is 25th October).

If not, will I have to pay my uni a late fee and how much does this tend to be or could I be kicked off the course?

I’m SO panicked right now.

Hi J_89,

It is currently taking 21 working days to process applications submitted online. If this was done yesterday I would expect this to be processed by 30/10, slightly after your University's scheduled date.

As long as you keep them updated they are usually very understanding.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending