The Student Room Group

Why are people trying to control me and spread gossip about me?

So I'm an Indian guy and I'm on the verge of self employment.

Also I'm looking to get married.

Theirs a lot of people telling lies about me behind my back, spreading rumours and I've heard my cousins says other people are trying to best to influence other women not to marry me.

I'm a good guy and I've done nothing wrong.

For all my life, I've been shy, quiet, laughed at, mocked by the same people who are spreading rumours, gossiping, trying to influence others.

Why all of sudden the bullying, the malicious rumours, people trying to put me down to others and hoping I'm denied a wife?

Is it because they fear I would do better than them?
There could be lots of reason.
Bullying is nasty and it generally stops when you stand up for yourself. I’m not suggesting that you are to blame in anyway at all. Is it possible for you to confront these people?
Have you told your family? They are best placed to support you especially if you’re wanting an arranged marriage
Bullies are usually insecure and unsuccessful.
You will find a wife who will see all your good qualities and what a great man you are. And you’ll work hard and hopefully build a successful business too. The best revenge will be your success but in the meantime, try to get some support from your family and friends. I’m sure it’s hard but do things that will build your confidence and self esteem and give them the finger!!!!
In the meantime, you can pm me anytime you’re struggling if you want someone to talk to
Very best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by Sammylou40
There could be lots of reason.
Bullying is nasty and it generally stops when you stand up for yourself. I’m not suggesting that you are to blame in anyway at all. Is it possible for you to confront these people?
Have you told your family? They are best placed to support you especially if you’re wanting an arranged marriage
Bullies are usually insecure and unsuccessful.
You will find a wife who will see all your good qualities and what a great man you are. And you’ll work hard and hopefully build a successful business too. The best revenge will be your success but in the meantime, try to get some support from your family and friends. I’m sure it’s hard but do things that will build your confidence and self esteem and give them the finger!!!!
In the meantime, you can pm me anytime you’re struggling if you want someone to talk to
Very best of luck

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately I've been picked on, insulted by some of my uncle, aunt's.

And my uncle and aunt's do nothing, they could easily give them a word or even stop it but they don't.

The only reason this is happening is because they know they will easily get away they do it time and time again but my uncle and aunt's don't do nothing.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately I've been picked on, insulted by some of my uncle, aunt's.

And my uncle and aunt's do nothing, they could easily give them a word or even stop it but they don't.

The only reason this is happening is because they know they will easily get away they do it time and time again but my uncle and aunt's don't do nothing.

What an awful situation for you.
I would hope then that if it were me I would somehow summon some courage to answer them back and not take it. But again that’s easy to say.
What do your parents say?
Perhaps you’re right. Perhaps you are a better man than your uncles sons and they’re jealous
I know very little of your culture and/or religion but is there anyone else you can go to for marriage support? Does your place of worship make introductions?
There will be options for you if you know where to go
This is typical Indian stuff. Laugh it iff bro. Though anything you've done to spark the rumour mill?
Maybe your aunt and uncle want to up your cousins chances of marriage, lol. As they can't increase their qualities, they try to diminish yours.
Tackle it by showing the world you are who you say you are. Actions speak louder than words.
Where are your parents in all this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Thank you both for your replies, appreciated.

No I've done nothing.

Perhaps I would look better than them, their uncle's and their sons if I have success in self employment. I'm a very nice guy.

I'm not worried regarding getting a partner, my sister has lot of female friends and I'm capable of introducing myself to women and there's many things like going to temples, online dating, social functions where I can meet women. So I'm not worried. I'm still young anyway.

I live with my dad and he doesn't really go out, so it is easy for them when I go to functions, parties, events, weddings etc to put me down because my dad isn't there.

Yeah its not a great situation, but as you guys say, once I'm successful, I can laugh it off and success is the best revenge.
i mean no disrespect but you come across as depressed. please see your gp. until you can feel good about yourself you will find it hard to find a wife no matter which cultural tradition on wife hunting.

when it comes down to it bugger your aunts and uncles. if they wont find you one threaten to go western.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending